How do I close my account?

Close_Account
4 0 0

I absolutely cannot contact Shopify to close my account. I finally closed my credit card so I wouldn't be charged anymore. Now Shopify is still charging me, and I still can't contact support

I am instructing my credit card provider that these are unauthorized charges

There is no way to contact support. It's very frustrating.

My email: info@buzzedhoneys.com

Please email me, please DON'T send me a link to the Support Portal

Thanks

0 Likes
Close_Account
4 0 0

I got an email that sent me to a chat 

Customer service agent said I am “not verified” so he cannot close the account

please email me at info@buzzedhoneys.com

that is the email I used to open this nightmare — I mean “account”

and help me close this account

thanks

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 54 95

Hello! Sophia here from Shopify.

We take your account security very seriously, and as such, you need to be authenticated as the store owner to discuss any sensitive information, like billing, with our team. Closing a store can be done by the store owner only, following these steps:

1. Log in to your store as the store owner.
  2. From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Plan and permissions.
  3. In the Store status section, click Sell or close store.
  4. Click Close store.
  5. Enter your password to continue.

Once these steps are complete, you'll receive an email to confirm that the store was closed. I cannot create an email ticket on your behalf. However, live chat, email, and callback options are available through the Shopify Help Center 24/7. I understand that you don't want to go through this link to get in touch with our team, but in the interest of your account security, this is the next step if you need store-specific support.

If you're having trouble logging into your admin, please let me know so we can review some troubleshooting steps to help you regain access. In the meantime, can you tell me about the email you received with the chat link?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Close_Account
4 0 0
As I have said many times, Including in the secure chat yesterday, I cannot
sign Into my account

That is because the is a past due amount on my account

That is because I cancelled my credit card that was being charged by Shopify

I did that, because I have failed so many times in the past to cancel this
account

I am not willing to pay Shopify any more
Not even $1 more

Since you are unable to help me cancel this account — that continues to
charge me

Please ESCALATE this matter to another customer service rep

My cell if you wish to call: 323-478-2625

Thanks,
David Bock, Founder
Buzzed Honeys, Inc.
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 54 95

As this is a public space, I'm unable to review any of your account details, including the secure chats you've had with our team. Your conversation here in the community cannot be escalated. However, since you've already been in touch with Shopify Support via live chat, that means you'll have an open ticket to reply to with any follow up questions. That ticket can be escalated to our Billing team for further review, so please reply directly to your existing ticket. Thank you.

0 Likes
Close_Account
4 0 0
I have already requested my ticket be escalated. No response.

The reason I am using this forum is to try to get attention from someone —
anyone — at Shopify support.

This is the only way I can make contact. If anyone reading this works for
Shopify — please post any ideas you have about how I can resolve this
issue.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 54 95

Please rest assured that you have already taken the correct steps by getting in touch with our team through the Shopify Help Center. Our support team can escalate your ticket to the Billing team if they haven't done so already, and you will receive a response via email on that ticket.

If you're concerned that the ticket isn't in the right place, you can send another reply to your open ticket with the following message so that the team has the full context of your communication with Shopify Support:

I have been in touch with Shopify Support on the Shopify Community forums (https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-do-I-close-my-account/m-p/1163283), and they have advised that this ticket can be escalated to the Billing team.

The person handling your ticket can reach out to me if they have any questions about next steps. We cannot guarantee a response time, but our Billing team can take a look at the account—once they have authenticated you as the store owner—to make sure that the store is closed and that you won't be billed further. Since this is an account-specific matter that needs to be handled on your existing ticket, this topic is now closed.

0 Likes