How do I create a page for Brands/Vendors?

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

We have Collections for all the categories, but many of these products have the Vendors.

We want to show a page full of the Vendor logos, and then have them clickable through to a page full of products showing that vendor.

I think to show a collection by a vendor is a lengthy process - using the automated system and having to tell it which of the 100 vendors we sell, (so would we have to create 100 pages - one for each vendor?).

Ideally we want a page that collates all the vendors in the system, we assign each vendor it's logo, and when you click it, it *on the fly* generates those products by that vendor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 1 40

Hey, Simon !

Thanks for posting!

One option you could use here is by creating collections for each of your vendors and linking these to display together on a page.

This would require you to create automated collections per each vendor, using 'vendor' as a condition to help push all relevant products through.

We also have a handy guide that allows you to link multiple collections on one page- this works to display a collection of collections together.

There may be other options which you might like to consider,  such as filtering your collection via tags, though this would involve some custom coding. Perhaps some of our other forums friends here could chime in help with this or with other method they may have used.

Cheers!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

It all looks so properly difficult.

Considering Shopify have a "Vendors" field to put things in.  Surely there should be a means to add vendor logo, and then a page that shows them all, and dynamically links up to their vendor pages.

Bizarre that it isn't part and parcel, considering "people like a brand".

So far I have done it manually.  Created my own DIVs, CSS classes, and manually put them in.  But I shouldnt' have to.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to do the same thing any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreicated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hey Koreen, is the 'Feature a subset of collections on a page' still valid with the new navigational nested menus update from late 2017?

I've followed the instructions to the letter. 
a) added page.list-collections.liquid in my code's Templates.
b) created a new page 'Our Performance Brands' which uses this template
c) created menu in navigation with same title (and handle) as my page

But its not working :S

See: https://nemesisuk.com/pages/our-performance-brands

We are still using the traditional menu style as have yet to port our main navigation (side/top/footer lists) into the new nested style so I'm wondering if this has effected things?

Eitherway this 'Our Performance Brands' list would be independant of the existing nested side/top navigation menu lists. Also the list wont use nested menu items anyway.

Any pointers??

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi, I'm trying to program thousands of pages dedicated to each vendor. Naturally the automated collection option would be out of the question, because the collections would require to be manually created. Any suggestions on how I can program these special pages that show products filtered by vendor? Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Once you have followed all of these steps, created the page and and linked the collections is there a way to only show certain collections on the page or do you have to show all of them?

0 Likes