How do I create a tag condition to search for 'or' instead of 'and'

2 0 0

Hiya,

I have created a collection page to show our new release book bundles, the paperback versions are tagged with the product vendor 'collections' and the ebook versions are tagged with 'ebooks'. The collection page also filters by 'month/year' so we pull through only our new releases for the month.

I want both of these products to show on one collection page but because of the filter I only have the option to match all conditions or any condition, which doesn't work. Is there something I am doing wrong or a way around this?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
338 24 61

If you want both the products to show on collection pages, sounds like "match any" would achieve that. (if product has tag 'ebooks' or vendor 'collections' THEN show it).

If that's not what you're looking for, Bulk Edit Tags might help you out. It's a useful app for editing tags (which then translate to collections how you'd like).

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes that's exactly what I want - for both products to show

How do I change to 'match any'? Is this a code change?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
338 24 61

You select the "any condition" in the collection page. If you don't have this option just create a new collection and select "automated" for collection type.

But rereading this, I'm thinking you might be wanting to show any of those 2 to but also show only those tagged with the specific month (or however you're filtering the new arrivals).

In that case, here are some ideas:

- you could sort by newest, then in Liquid code add a "new" badge to the newest arrivals (within last 30 days or something). Your collection would show all products matching the tags, but the newest ones would be highlighted.

- if you have to exclude the non-new arrivals you could do bulk tag edits to control specifically the products that show up in the collection (by adding / removing tags), then update that once a month or whenever you need to remove items from the collection / add new ones.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes