How do I find a Shopify expert in my country Canada....I’m brand new and overwhelmed

Highlighted
2 0 0

The other day  I could choose my expert but today it doesn’t and its very vague. I’ll get an english speaker...the other day it even gave me a kind of estimate..any help out there for me?

also, check out artbonavista-studio if you have time

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @ArtBonavista.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that starting a business on Shopify can be overwhelming, especially when you're new to Shopify, and we're happy to help!

Just to clarify, were you trying to choose an English-speaking expert from Canada on Shopify Experts

If so, there's a few different ways you can choose an expert - You can search from the categories on the main menu, search by service, or post your job on the expert marketplace. After that, you can filter the results by country and preferred languages, or apply these preferences to your job posting. 

Searching for an expert

Filter by country and preferred language 

Setting preferences job posting

I'd also be happy to take a look at your website; however, can you share the complete URL for your store? If you have the password page enabled, can you temporarily disable that as well? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Yes you are  brand new  but don't be overwhelmed. it is not necessary to work with someone from canada since the community is global and there are so many expert that can perfectly and accurately handle your project till you are satisfied.

Here are 12 essential characteristics of a user-friendly website.
  • Mobile Compatibility. 
  • Accessible to All Users. 
  • Well Planned Information Architecture. 
  • Well-Formatted Content That Is Easy to Scan. 
  • Fast Load Times. 
  • Browser Consistency. 
  • Effective Navigation. 
  • Good Error Handling.
    ecommerce marketing ideas to increase online sales. Upsell your products. Integrate Instagram. Reduce abandoned carts. Launch a Facebook store. Capture more email subscribers. Improve your email campaigns. Send wishlist reminder emails. Make it easy for your customers to get what they want.
    what else do you need?
    Kindly click the link below for better conversation 
    https://cutt.ly/HgK6bi2
    or message me on a1brightmarketer@gmail.com
    kinds regard
    stunner digital

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
337 14 29

Hi @ArtBonavista 

This article would be useful for you: How to Find & Hire a Shopify Expert?

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1
Yes you are brand new but don't be overwhelmed. it is not necessary to
work with someone from canada since the community is global and there are
so many expert that can perfectly and accurately handle your project till
you are satisfied.
*Here are 12 essential characteristics of a user-friendly website.*

- Mobile Compatibility.
- Accessible to All Users.
- Well Planned Information Architecture.
- Well-Formatted Content That Is Easy to Scan.
- Fast Load Times.
- Browser Consistency.
- Effective Navigation.
- *Good* Error Handling.
*ecommerce marketing* ideas to increase online sales. Upsell your
products. Integrate Instagram. Reduce abandoned carts. Launch a Facebook
*store*. Capture more email subscribers. Improve your email campaigns.
Send wishlist reminder emails. Make it easy for your customers to get what
they want.
what else do you need?
Kindly click the link below for better conversation
https://cutt.ly/HgK6bi2
or message me on a1brightmarketer@gmail.com
kinds regard
stunner digital

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I have disabled the password now?
Anyway the password is easier
ArtBonavista-Studio.myshopify.com

I finally figured out the navigation but still cant figure out how to do the drop down menus even with your tutorials......
Also, regarding shipping. No offence but canada post charges toooo much so i want to give each item its own postal rates to be fair to customers! I have gone to the post office here and they have given me the proper pricing. When I go into shipping and I want to add the pricing attached to each product I cant figure out how to get more products on the list. Only some show up.
I was contacted by a Canadian company and they want 199 $ just to see if the overall site works. I find that, after all the months of work i have put into this a bit much. Would you please find glitches and let me know.
Oh, another thing....How do I make other website links work? Just now, I added the below for you, it turned blue automatically. I have worked on some projects that I want folks to be able to click on and open. Best example is on my homepage (about me)

https://unionhousearts.ca/

https://bonavistabiennale.com/

There are more, throughout the products as i link people to artists etc.
Regards,

Regards
Ruth Weller. https://artbonavista-studio.myshopify.com/admin/online_store/preferences?tutorial=unlock
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @ArtBonavista.

Thanks for the follow-up and for disabling the password page!

I think you're off to a great start! I love how you're using different sections on the homepage, as that gives a nice variation and allows you to share more content. Since I'll be going over creating drop-down menus on your main menu, I'd also encourage thinking of which resources to add in your footer menu. For example, the footer menu is a common place to find store policies or quick links to other pages on your store. 

To create a dropdown, simply drag the menu item using the icon (on the left of each menu item) and nest it underneath the menu item that you want as the upper level. Once you've moved the menu item under the upper level menu item, you'll also need to drag the menu item towards the right. You'll notice an indent, which indicates the menu item is nested and that will create the drop-down. We also have a guide for setting up drop-down menus in your online store and I've made a short video on that as well.

If you're looking to add an external website to your storefront, were you looking to add it to the menu (header and footer)? 

To add an external website to the main menu or a section on your homepage, simply enter the website URL as the link - I've made video on how to do that with one of your examples here: 

Adding external link to the navigation menu

Adding external link to a section in the Storefront editor

As for the shipping rates, it's difficult to determine where the issue might be without seeing your product attributes and/or shipping settings. Typically, all your physical products will appear in the General profile under the shipping settings. However, if you're not seeing all your products in this profile, then the first thing is to make sure your product attributes has "This is a physical product" checked. Once that's done, you can create other shipping profiles and assign different rates to each profile. To summarize, instead of assigning rates to individual products, you're assigning rates to a profile of products. However, it's important to note that when an order has products from different profiles, then the rates are combined at checkout.   

Another option for assigning different shipping rates to each product is with a third-party app, such as Better Shipping or Advanced Shipping Rules, and some might find these apps easier to work with. These apps also come with more functions, such as tiered shipping rates, which is great for incentivizing and passing more savings along to your customers. If you need any assistance with these apps, you can also reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

I hope this helps! Do let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes