How do I get an info@myshopname.com email address if I am hosted with shopify???

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0
How do i do that?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

You may be interested by postale.io.

Free alternative to Zoho Mail free plan and the likes, with the advantages of allowing unlimited number of domains and having POP/IMAP enabled (which means you can use use domain email addresses with any mail client you like, Gmail, Outlook, etc.).

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

The problem with this “burner emails” extension is the websites you’re trying to sign on to. Many now detect and reject domains from temporary email providers. You try to sign up, and they’ll reject you. Chances are, the same will happen with this too. I knew I should have created a hundred email accounts on gmail before they started demanding(buybulkaccount.com) phone numbers. Now you can’t sign up for any “free” email service if you don’t give a number.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi ayuxx,

postale.io is not a burner/temporary email service at all. It's a (permanent) domain email service. And you're not asked any phone number when creating an email address on it.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Wow, postale.io looks really good.  Check out the features for the Free and Non-Free version here:  https://postale.io/pricing.

TrustPilot reviews here: trustpilot.com/review/postale.io

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
57 0 2

There are several providers available.

I use Namecheap.

A 1 second decrease in load speed can increase conversions by 1% – 7%. Get your store optimized by a Shopify expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Out of curiousity (and frustration) how did you setup your Namecheap email with your shopify domain? In the domain/email - use third party section, it only has GSuite & Zoho as options to click/add. I would really like to use Namecheap email hosting with my Shopify domain but can't seem to find any information about implementation, anywhere. Thanks so much for your time!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I have the same issue here where I have a third party hosting my email but Shopify host my actual domain. I have been told by the third party to add an mx record which I did but it didnt work. Shopify suggested that I dont infact change the MX record and I just ad a txt record. 

This didn't work and I didnt receive any emails but I could send emails.

I have been left really frustrated and caught in the middle with support from the third party and a below par shopify support agent that I have found information on the support pages that contradicts what they have been saying.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

@Gixertrixter are you sure your domain is hosted at Shopify? Make sure to set the MX record (from whetever service you're using) at the DNS manager where your domain is hosted. If you're not sure what registrars handles your domain, you may find some information via Whois or NS tools (https://whois.net/ or https://tucowsdomains.com/provider-search/ for instance).

If Shopify is hosting your domain and you've entered the correct MX record from the third party email service you chose, it should work (provided you do have an account at said service). Also make sure you don't have multiple conflicting MX records.

I'm not sure why Shopify's support told you to not alter your MX records. Does Shopify offers an email service now?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
100% sure that Shopify host my domain but it has come to light through
discussion with another support agent at Shopify that the info I was
previously given was incorrect
0 Likes