How do I get an info@myshopname.com email address if I am hosted with shopify???

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello World,

I have my domain name and hosting with shopify: lapetiteoceanne.com

Nevertheless, I haven´t find the way to create my corporate email, and i am forced to use my gmail account to contact and receive emails from my clients. Not corporate at all....  I am searching a way to have an email like: info@apetiteoceanne.com or hello@lapetiteoceanne.com...

Is there any way to do it?

Thank you so much Community!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 21

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Nik, 

I'm Zuzanna, a Guru here at Shopify, and I would be happy to help you out today :)

When you purchase a custom domain through Shopify, you get the option to create a forwarding email! Shopify doesn't provide email hosting, however, you can set up an unlimited number of forwarding email addresses (for example, info@myshopname.com) for free. That means that whenever people will reach out to info@myshopname.com, the email will automatically be forwarded to your regular email account. To see more details about this, check out our Shopify Manual here

That said, since email hosting is not provided when you buy a domain through Shopify, if you want to send an email from your custom domain forwarding address, or respond to one, then you will need to use a third-party email hosting service.

Here are a few that we recommend: 

• Zoho mail provides up to 10 free email accounts for your custom domain, with paid packages available.
  • G Suite connects to the Gmail platform with emails for your custom domain for a small fee per user per month.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to our support team here

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

4 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

For anyone else going down this frustrating route https://shopped.email have launched an email hosting service specifically for Shopify merchants.  Super simple to set up custom emails, secure and reasonable costs. 

Lots of clients get confused with Shopify email hosting and forwarding.  Forwarding isn't really an option for most clients as it looks unprofessional.

We wrote an article on this also.  How to have custom emails with Shopify.

★★★ Need help setting up your Shopify store? Hire me here: https://liquify.design ★★
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Shopify does not support this, must be done 3rd-party.

Shopify supports email forwarding, which is junk for this since you will still respond with your unprofessional email address.

@shopify - will you add this support?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

Is it possible to have a step by step tutorial on how to use a third party email provider like G-Suite?? And I mean a real tutorial "Dumb proof"

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

This is super frustrating because I moved my domain from G Suite to Shopify, and yet, G Suite is telling me that Google Cloud account isn't even a G Suite account. How does G Suite provide you with sending a custom domain forwarding address? From what I understand, it still has the same limitations as Shopify, where you can create email aliases for your customers to contact you, but those emails are still forwarded to your personal gmail account. 

You guys need some documentation on it, because I can't get my shop off the ground until this part is figured out!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey Liz,

I do agree that setting up emails to manage customer emails can quickly become complex, especially since you have to deal with some technical constraints.

A lot of this can however be managed through third party Shopify apps like Gorgias.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.55.30 PM.png

Happy to help you set it up if you're still struggling with setting up emails.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @nik1, I made a video tutorial for you on how to an info@myshopname.com email address if hosted with shopify. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/shopify-answers/email-forwarding-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you reshare the link? This does not work

@AskQuesty wrote:

Hi @nik1, I made a video tutorial for you on how to an info@myshopname.com email address if hosted with shopify. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/shopify-answers/email-forwarding-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I love to see that video as well. I'm having the same problem with G Suite and can't get anything set up. Have other people had success with connecting G suite to your shopify page? If so, I'd love to know how you did it without google kicking it back like it keeps doing. 

0 Likes