How do I get inventory to go into sub categories

1 0 0

Setting up my store.  I have made categories with drop down sub categories.  How do I direct product I add to these sub categories?  Or move them there when already added?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
418 29 59

Hi, @Klubhouse.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Welcome to Shopify! I would be happy to help you with setting up your store.

It sounds like you're looking to add your products into collections. Collections allow you to group your products together to help customers find your products easily in categories. 

You can set-up collections in two different ways:

Automated Collections - These collections automatically add products to your store, based on the product conditions that you set. You can set products to pull into this collection by product name, product tag, variant title, vendor, price, weight and inventory stock. 

Check out our help docs for steps on how to set-up an automated collection:

Creating and modifying automated collections

Conditions for automated collections

Manual Collections - You can use a manual collection to add products manually to a category of products and this collection will have the same products until you remove them. Check out our help docs on how to create a manual collection and how to add products to your collection.

It sounds like you've added a menu to your store with some links to your ideal collections. Once you've created your collections, you can follow our instructions from our help docs, here: Adding links to your collections. This will connect your collections to your menu links so that customers can click on them to access your collections.

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes