How do I limited the quantity per product?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello.

I'm trying to limited the quantity available per products. Not by varient or by quantity per order. But overall the entire product.

For example, Product A has only 200 in stock in total. Same as product B and Product C.

When someone buys that product, it subtracts from the stock level available until it reaches 0 and is sold out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3328 248 582

Hi @Erick16,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask what you mean exactly when you say? 

I'm trying to limited the quantity available per products. Not by varient or by quantity per order. But overall the entire product.

You went on to explain how it would work when your stock get sold out, so I'm not completely sure if that's what you mean or if it is something else. Do you want to limit the amount of stock you can have per product or stop it from selling once it's sold out? 

There is a help guide from Shopify which goes into hiding out of stock products, I wonder if that's something along the lines of what you're thinking? If it is more on inventory tracking and adjusting, there is also a guide about that here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick

What i'm asking is kinda like a Supreme product drop where they have a limited amount of the product and is then sold out when people buy the available stock

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3328 248 582

Hi @Erick16,

I'm not sure if I'm missing something. You can set the inventory of the products to what you like which will then display once they are sold out. You can do this by taking the following steps or through the help guide here:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Inventory.

2. Under Update quantity, change the inventory count:

• To adjust the count, click Add and enter a number. You can use a negative number to subtract from the inventory.
    • To set a new total inventory count, click Set and enter a number.

The new total is shown under Quantity.

3. Click Save.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 6

Hi, I have what I believe is a similar issue. I need to cap quantities at a product level only, ignoring variants.

My example: I sell pre-order bags. Each bag is a product, and I can only make X number. I don't mind what colour people choose, I just can't go over X number in total.

Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3328 248 582

Hi @sunams,

Great question! The best way to either set a specific maximum or minimum limit of products to sell would be an app from the Shopify App Store. There are a couple of apps which I like personally for this feature which you can see below: 

Would one of these apps work for what you're looking for? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 6

I realised what I was actually describing was product options rather than product variants. Shopify App Store sorted me out! Thanks

1 Like