How do I make shopify use my custom domain for sending emails?

Highlighted
2 0 0

(EDIT: Please read the first reply, after reading the original message)

Hello.

I'm running a Shopify store, and it's using a custom .dk domain, which was bought from GoDaddy and hosted by GoDaddy.

I want to use my custom .dk domain to send emails to my customers, instead of using the gmail email. How can I do this?

I've tried to do research, to figure out how to do this, but all the possible solutions I have found require you to buy the domain from Shopify or transfer it to Shopify, but to my understanding, Shopify does not support .dk domains..

So how can I use my custom .dk domain for sending order confirmations and other emails, when I use GoDaddy for my domain hosting?
I've tried to get it to work with Zoho Mail but with no success.

I hope somebody can help. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Almost immediately after posting this, I found this page https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/create-marketing/shopify-email/setup#change-y...that explained that the sender email can be changed in the shopify general settings.. I do not know how I managed to miss that until now, but I guess I did.

Anyhow, is that all I have to do? I just tested it with a test order. The confirmation email was successfully sent to and received by my test hotmail/outlook email, and it was not received as spam.

Without any further set up, will my emails sometimes be marked as spam? Is it a safe way to do it without any further set up?

0 Likes