How do I make www appear in my URL?

Solved
SamAgeuk
2 0 0

Hi,

I have bought my domain at Godaddy but I still cant get www in my url.  It still comes up as .example.uk

Thanks.

0 Likes
alvinkonda
Shopify Partner
44 5 9

Hi,

You should add both domain variants (with and without "www") on your Shopify domains admin page and select your primary domain the one with "www". 

FireTheme.com - The Best Free Shopify Theme To Increase Conversion Rates (CVR)
Increase your store conversion rates (CVR) and average order value (AOV) with FireTheme, the world's most-loved Free Shopify Theme. Developed for maximum performance, flexibility in mind, and simplicity at core, you can be 100% sure that...
SamAgeuk
2 0 0

I have now chosen the www option listed under the third party domain as my primary domain. It is 'example.uk' now under third party domains on my domain admin page. Should I still have two options listed there? 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
alvinkonda
Shopify Partner
44 5 9

This is an accepted solution.

Nope, i guess your settings are fine. Only the option without the www should be under the third-party domains section and that is to redirect your traffic from

domain.com to www.domain.com

FireTheme.com - The Best Free Shopify Theme To Increase Conversion Rates (CVR)
Increase your store conversion rates (CVR) and average order value (AOV) with FireTheme, the world's most-loved Free Shopify Theme. Developed for maximum performance, flexibility in mind, and simplicity at core, you can be 100% sure that...
0 Likes