How do I pay my Shopify plan with a debit card?

LaFlora
Tourist
8 0 2

I don't own a credit card and would like to know how I can pay my Shopify plan with a debit card (with a well known major bank institution).

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

Hi, @LaFlora

Great question! At this time, debit cards are not a supported payment method for the Shopify monthly subscription. It will require using a credit card issued by a bank with a line of credit. Debit cards with credit card capabilities are not supported. If you do not have a credit card, then applying for one with your bank would be the best route to take. If you're operating outside of the United States, then you can also pay for the Shopify subscription with Paypal. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LaFlora
Tourist
8 0 2

Thank you for replying. In order to apply for a credit card, I need to have been employed at least once or have credit history, which I currently do not have. Is there any alternatives to pay the Shopify plan?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@LaFlora 

I'm afraid a credit card would be the only option if you are based in the United States. If you are based outside of the United States, then you could use Paypal. You may want to consider asking a friend or family member for their credit card to process the monthly charge and pay them instead as that is also a viable workaround. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog