How do I remove Venmo from my website? I didn't include it with my payment methods?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1825 211 382

at the bottom of the assets/theme.scss.liquid as pointed by @magicalwizard 

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Could you be more specific? There are { } [] and I don't know where exactly to place the code.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1825 211 382

At the very bottom of the assets/theme.scss.liquid  Go to the last character in the file and hit enter. Paste the code in the new line.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

I did exactly what you told me

"Go to the last character of footer liquid, press enter and paste code on a new line, then hit enter and save"...

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.43.54 PM.png

Venmo is still showing on the site.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.45.45 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1825 211 382

The file you are editing is definitely not assets/themes.scss.liquid. Can you locate this file? Can you share a URL to your store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Really?  ok sure. 

https://wellness-temple.com/

thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

HOW DO I DO THAT??? I AM NOT A COMPUTER PRO AND HAVE NO IDEA WHRE EVEN TO BEGIN???HELP NEED VENMO GONE PLEASE!!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

I found this forum because I am experiencing the same thing. I found where to edit the coding on the website, found the mentioned assets/theme.scss.liquid, pasted the provided code to remove Venmo at the very bottom, Saved, and when I refreshed to check if Venmo was gone I get the message below and Venmo is still there.

code to remove Venmo.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 1

In case anyone is still looking on how to remove venmo:

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-add-credit-card-icons

TLDR:

go to EDIT CODE for your theme
find sections: click on FOOTER.LIQUID
look for this line of code...(I'm using Supply theme so it was around line 188) - do CTRL+F to find it quicker

{% for type in shop.enabled_payment_types %}

replace with:

{% assign enabled_payment_types = 'visa,master,american_express,discover,paypal' | remove: 'venmo ' | split: ',' %}
{% for type in enabled_payment_types %}

the area between   '   and   '  where it starts with visa - that's where you can edit whichever payments you accept.
The webpage linked above will tell you what values to use, i.e., apple pay is >> apple_pay
SAVE

Highlighted
1 0 0

Worked like a charm- thank you.

0 Likes