How do I remove color variant from my Boundless theme

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi All,

Brand new to shopify and setting up first store.  As my products do not have a colour selection, how do I remove the color variant from my products.  I have been able to do so on some products which have the available trash icon.  But some other products do not have the trash icon next to the color option and I have no idea why.

Any help appreciated

Lee

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 39

Hey, Lee!

Koreen here from the Guru team! Thanks for posting and welcome to Shopify! :)

This does sound a little strange with your variants. It would be great if you have an example of a product - so we can take a closer look for you. :)

However in the mean time this solution below may help:

Generally, with variants colour would be listed as a variant option, and the colours themselves the variant values. 

If you are looking to remove the colour option entirely, perhaps here may be the way to go for you:

From here you can then remove any variant values listed, before deleting the colour option entirely afterwards.

I hope this helps! 

Koreen :) 

Koreen W | Shopify 

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I am trying to do the exact same thing, that is, to remove "Size" and keep "Color". However when I go to delete the Size variant option it actually deletes all of my skus, except for one. I've had to then reimport everything through Oberlo, only for the same thing to happen again. Screenshots attached. Hope you can help! Thank you :)Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 10.20.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-02 at 10.21.09 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey, this actually doesn't work as when I click the trash icon, a new message appears and say I will be deleting 3 variants if I choose "Save" due to these changes, even though I still have an active "Size" column for all variants. If I press save it deletes all but one variant. And I can only select the trash icon next to "Color" after deleting all the "color variants", before doing so, the trash icon does not appear. Need help. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Exactly! No response from the "Guru team" lol. 

0 Likes