How do I respond to comments on blog posts

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 19

Hi, I searched and found an answer to my question from 2010. I am wondering if things have been updated? I would like to respond directly to comments (similar to how it works on FB or IG)  and not have to add them as a visitor does. Is this possible?

Thank you for your help!

Pam

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @pjmmpls

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out with this question! 

At this time, the best way to reply to blog comments is to go directly onto your site from your URL and visit your blog as if you were a customer, or a visitor, like you mentioned. Then, just reply to the comment there by using the field directly below the comment to enter in your information and type your reply. 

The option to reply to blog comments without visiting the customer facing side of a website is something that has been requested previously by our merchants, so I'm going to let our teams know that you also inquired about this process. If we do update this, we will share these changes on our Announcements page and also on our changelog, so please make sure to check these pages periodically to stay up to date with any improvements and updates that we release. Hopefully our teams can work towards offering some new methods to handle these replies to make blog management easier for our users in the future.

In the meantime though, if you're looking for an alternative way to reply to blog comments, I recommend checking out some commenting apps like the ones listed here. An app like Facebook Comments can be used to import blog posts to your site from Facebook, with the added ability to enable and disable comments on these posts. If you're interested in learning more about how this apps works, it's a great idea to reach out to the app developer directly so that they can provide more information and assistance. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can lend a hand with and I'll be glad to help out further! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I am having the same problem. Many of the apps listed require a paid membership to their app for the response feature. This is very disappointing. I didn't realize switching my blog to this platform would be such a bad idea :-( . Perfect to market products, but not so good for blogging.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 19
seriously, I assumed that was a no brainer. I do not want to pay an
additional fee to respond. Definitely disappointing. Part of having a blog
is the ability to start a conversation with the readers. ugh
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @ZURRI and @pjmmpls

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this, @ZURRI. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with replying to blog comments, and I understand your frustration with the apps requiring a paid membership. I will pass on your thoughts to our developers so they know how this is impacting your business. 

I appreciate your additional feedback on this, @pjmmpls. I've shared these details with our teams as well. 

If there are any other Community members who are also looking to have a feature like this on our blogs, please feel free to reply to me here with your .myshopify.com URL and I will share your feedback with our developers. 

Thanks!

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 5

I would like to be able to reply to comments as well. I had no idea this would be an issue when making the decision to use Shopify. Please send this request to development team. I'm going to turn off comments because it doesn't make sense to have them if you can't reply. 

5 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 19

I am assuming I am not the only person that would like this feature. It has been a few months since I asked about adding the feature to respond to a blog post. Have there been any updates in that area? It seems to be a rather nobrainer request, newspapers, reddit, FB, and so many other platforms have it! TIA

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

Hi!  Our URL is arctic-fox.myshopify.com.  We need a way to reply to comments on blogs as excellent customer service is a cornerstone of our brand.  I'd rather not redo our whole blog platform. Please get this implemented ASAP. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8

Hello Rae,

Please prioritise this (simple) feature. I'm sure you can imagine that replying to customer comments is a very essential part of modern social marketing. Woocommerce, Prestashop have it.

Best regards

Jakob

2 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 19

I am checking back in on this issue. It has been over 4 months since I have requested a reply option. I am wondering if you can give us an update. It seems to me the purpose of a comment section is to interact with your customers. I am very disappointed. Thank you for your attention to this problem.

2 Likes