How do I respond to comments on blog posts

Highlighted
2 0 0

how do i ask a question?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 3

We would also like this feature to be able to reply,  we went from wordpress to shopify thinking this basic feature would be available.  It should be. 

3 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 19

I am wondering if the Shopify folks are no longer reading this because I accidentally hit resolved which I can not reverse? Could someone please respond to us and let us know the status of this situation. It is such a vital part of a blog! thank you

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 12
@Rae - please the the other comments on this thread. It was marked solved by the poster by mistake. This is issue is NOT resolved. We need to be able to reply to comments via admin and to be notified when new comments are made on blog posts.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8
Admin: Please reopen the issue!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 12
I just started a new post called "blog comments". Please try posting there since this one was marked "solved" and I dont know if they're still looking at it. https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Blog-comments/m-p/689392#M162327
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 12

It seems that the Shopify team may not be looking at this thread anymore because it was marked as solved. I started a new one called "Blog Comments" and encourage you to all add to it here:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Blog-comments/td-p/689392

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 12

@Jakob2  @pjmmpls  @Dale_Horeczy  @Rae 

It seems that the Shopify team may not be looking at this thread anymore because it was marked as solved. I started a new one called "Blog Comments" and encourage you to all add to it here:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Blog-comments/td-p/689392

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 17 59

Hi, all! 

Thank you for continuing to reach out to share your feedback about this. I have submitted all of the feedback that has previously been shared with our teams already. 

As of today, the best method for replying directly to comments on blog posts is by following these steps that I previously shared: 

At this time, the best way to reply to blog comments is to go directly onto your site from your URL and visit your blog as if you were a customer, or a visitor, like you mentioned. Then, just reply to the comment there by using the field directly below the comment to enter in your information and type your reply. 

In addition to this, some of the apps that I mentioned originally may also be useful. 

However, I understand how beneficial it would be to reply to comments on blogs from within the Shopify admin, so I will continue to share your feedback about this with our teams. Please reply to me here with your .myshopify.com URL if you'd like to request this feature. Once I submit your feedback, I will 'Like'  your reply to indicate that I've sent your request to our teams for further review. 

We don't have any updates to share on this feature request at the moment, but if we do release more information, you can find this on our changelog and our Announcements page, so please keep an eye out there. In addition to this, it's important to note that we can't guarantee when, or if, this feature request will be considered by our teams. 

@pjmmpls I also wanted to confirm that I have removed the 'accepted solution' upon your request. 

Thanks, everyone! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 19

I am confused about you asking me if I want to request this feature? I thought that was implied through these many posts? My shop is Laughing Ogre Press. 

1 Like