How do I respond to comments on blog posts

Highlighted

I would also love to have this functionality and even some kind of alert to know when somebody make a comment to one of my blog posts. I like Shopify, but It's a shame Shopify seems not to be trying to solve this issue...the workaround fix is unconvenient, 2020 deserves a full featured fix. Isn't shopify the greatest e-commerce platform out there?, well, your clients deserve a fix for this (a simple job task for the great shopify's team of coders). Thanks. my website url: https://find-art-co.myshopify.com/

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I also need this feature and am very surprised & disappointed that Shopify has not added it. Please resolve. Thanks!

https://seattle-sundries.myshopify.com/

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 8

Yeah, can we go ahead and get this feature? livsn.myshopify.com 

Specifically, we should be able to directly reply to a comment and start a comment "thread" below the original comment. This allows a true conversation to happen. As others have said, the workaround of commenting through the front-facing site isn't viable because it makes a totally new comment.

Another crucial part of having an active comment section would be notifications. The store admins should get a notification when a new comment is posted and the user should get a notification when their comment is replied to. If there are no notifications a two-way conversation won't happen because people will be unlikely to check back to see if anyone replied. 

While we're spec-ing this out. An upvote/downvote or thumbs up/thumbs down feature would encourage people to be productive community members and not simply spam. 

Pinkbike.com has a very simple setup that works well and encourages engagement: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rad-apparel-debuts-made-in-colorado-mountain-bike-jersey.html

We're putting a lot of energy into good blog content and we'd love the support from Shopify in making it worthwhile. 

Thanks!

5 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

It is imperative that we be able to respond to a reader's comments. The idea that we have to go to the original post, leave a comment, then go back to the office and approve that comment is just not practical at all.

I'm very disappointed in the framework for the blog overall. There is no index feature....no search. It desperately needs some work.

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Kate, you have a gorgeous site! Great inspiration for me Are you using Minimal? I'm currently redesigning my site using the free Minimal theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Yes, been looking at this too. Surely you have it by now done( at least sceduled) ? This is  a very important feature thinking of todays needs and wishes of clientele;)

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Yes I strongly agree with the need for the ability to reply in a thread. I moved over from my Wordpress blog on the understanding that it was better to have a blog on the same platform as Shopify. But now I can't engage in a conversation with my readers on my posts. I want to build relationships with my customers. And I want to improve my search ranking. I put a lot of time and energy into my blog posts and I'm losing out on return, because I can't engage with comments properly.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 8

@Rae Do you have an update on where this is in the dev pipeline? Please don't give a vague answer stating that the request has been passed along. Provide some detail and a timeline if you can. We need to know in order to make decisions on how to move forward. 

Thanks!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 31

@frankieZing I am beginning to give up hope. I have posted here, talked to a person in November, and emailed. Clearly, they could care less. I don't know the underlying reason for not giving us this feature, aside from collecting more money on an app purchase?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Having worked on a big corporate website for many years, I would say it's because the number of features people want (and even badly need) are actually exponential. There is always more required. Also, the bigger a site gets, the more complex it is to make changes. Imagine how many millions of shops there are that depend on reliable functionality. Web development is not as magic as it seems, it's a hard slog. eBay made a lot of changes recently and it 'broke' so many people's product listings. But hopefully this comments feature will come to Shopify eventually!

0 Likes