How do I stop recurring billing of apps after I closed my Shopify store

Highlighted
1 0 0

So I was low on budget and didn’t make any sales so closed my store. I expected it to stop all recurring Billings but it charged me $29.00 for sales notification. It says I have a recurring bill on and I don’t know how to turn it off cause my free trail expired as well so I can’t log back in. What do I do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 159

Hey, @Damian1228!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

I am sorry to hear that you were charged unexpectedly for an app charge. Usually, when you cancel your store, it would automatically stop all app billing too. This could be a 'closing bill' from the app developers but I can certainly take a closer look into this and check the billing period of the app for you. If it is incorrect, then I can contact the app developer on your behalf and request a refund for the charge.

In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer look for you. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder for that email as sometimes it can land there.

Thank you and we will speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes