How do I tranfer my domain to another hosting?

Tyana
1 0 0

Hello, I've been with Shopify for a couple months now but due to high cost of the plan i'm currently on i will like to transfer my domain to another hosting (that's Hostinger) and use Wordpress and Woocommerce to create another store. I have already backup my products and descriptions in a csv file but i couldn't actually transfer my domain name from shopify-managed domain section on my dashboard. Please help

Thanks

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
259 47 66
Hi,

I recommend you to email directly to Shopify's Merchant/Technical support. They should provide guidance with respect to domain transfer.

- I help businesses with eCommerce and Marketing Technology integrations.
- For consulting work inquiries, please send me a Private Message.
- Presently working in Toronto, CANADA.
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 154 193

Hello, @Tyana! Sorry to hear you’re wanting to close your store due to the cost of your subscription. Which pricing plan are you on?

Did you purchase your domain from Shopify? If so, and it has been 60 days since you purchased it, you can find the steps to transfer it to another hosting platform in this Help Doc for Transferring your domain out of Shopify.

However, if you are using a third party domain on your Shopify store, then the steps to remove it from your account are found here. You’ll then need to edit the DNS settings from within your domain host account to point to the new platform you’re using for your store. Your domain host will be able to help you with that, if you need a hand with it.

Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes