How do I update a customer with a tracking number?

nvr324
Tourist
6 0 1

Is there a way to send a second email to a customer updating them of their tracking number? Anywhere?

0 Likes
Alicia_D_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 0 20

Hey, there!

Alicia here, from the Shopify Guru team! 

You can totally send out an email to update your customers with a tracking code for orders that you've already marked as fulfilled! You'll just want to go to the specific order in your Admin and under Fulfillment, you'll click on Add Tracking. Then you'll be able to add the tracking code and check the box that will send out an email updating that customer of the shipment. We have a guide you can see for that, by clicking here.

As always, if you ever have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out again. 

All the best,

Alicia D. | Shopify Guru

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
624 14 63

Hello @nvr324,

Yes, you can send the tracking email to your customers for orders which are marked as fulfilled. Go to the order < Click on fulfillment (under add tracking) < Add the tracking code < enable the checkbox to send the email notification to the customer.

If you wish to send tracking notifications to your customers regarding their order, you can use the Shipment tracking & notify app. The app sends tracking notification to the customers whenever there is a change in the order status.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
webcandyenginee
1 0 0
Thanks for your answer. Everything you said makes sense to me. I understand that this is how the business operates. I read some documentation, 
However, I  wanted to know if shopify has a way in which once the tracking number is available it will automatically fill in the tracking number for the customer's order and update the customer. 

The way shopify is currently set up by default is that I have to manually fill in the tracking number to the customer's order and from different suppliers. This works fine but when I start selling by the 50s or hundreds of orders per day, this becomes a tedious process.
Does shopify have a way to automate this process?
0 Likes
Cheelim12
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I have the same question about automated tracking number update. Has anyone answered this question?

0 Likes

Hey Cheelim12,

I think our app, EZ Fulfill, may be able to help you out here.  It allows you to upload tracking numbers using an Excel or CSV file.  You can manually upload the file our setup automation using our scheduler.  Our app can look for files on an FTP/SFTP server, Dropbox or Amazon S3.  It allows you to mark your orders fulfilled, add (or update) tracking numbers to your orders and email your customers (using Shopify's email system) their tracking numbers.  Additionally it'll allow you to tag orders and mark them paid among other things.

If that sounds like it would work for you, we do offer a 7 day free trial which you can setup by installing our app here.

Hope that helps and of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
85 4 11

@webcandyenginee wrote:
Thanks for your answer. Everything you said makes sense to me. I understand that this is how the business operates. I read some documentation, 
However, I  wanted to know if shopify has a way in which once the tracking number is available it will automatically fill in the tracking number for the customer's order and update the customer. 

The way shopify is currently set up by default is that I have to manually fill in the tracking number to the customer's order and from different suppliers. This works fine but when I start selling by the 50s or hundreds of orders per day, this becomes a tedious process.
Does shopify have a way to automate this process?

Are you purchasing your shipping through Shopify?

0 Likes