How do i convince the owner to switch?

2 0 0

Hi, I just started managing an ecommerce and brick and mortar store and we are running yahoo with 3 party inventory and multiple domains. Our sales have been down significantly the last few years and I feel its because of our outdated hosting. I'd love to convince the owner to switch to shopify to simply inventory, have the product catalog,  instore customers the same sales as online without having to search every item invdividually and to sell by the lbs, foot, units etc with auto calculated pricing, sell on instagram and facebook  With attempting to convince her Id also like to know how long its taken others to complete the transitions, what problems you ran into, has business increased? Any advice or knowledge is appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
306 44 80

Hi - I had a similar situation. Client is also a brick and mortar store. Was originally on Wix and then had an agency move them to Magento and made a mess of it and were having a nightmare. I got involved and managed the Magento store for a while but quickly realised it was too complicated for them to use. I built them a test store in Shopify (using a Developer account) and then walked them through it and let them play with it. They quickly realised it would be a lot simpler for them but did have some issues with functionality which I needed to overcome.

That was about two years ago now. Now everything on Shopify including Point Of Sale system. Business loves it because easy for them to use, less systems less hassle. Is connected to Amazon, eBay & Google Shopping (numerous geographies) with everything automatically synchronised. Sales have gone up significantly mainly due to ease of adding new market places without having to manage them manually.

Only thing to be wary of is when you mention 'to sell by the lbs, foot, units etc with auto calculated pricing'  because Shopify does not support that functionality out of the box, so you'll have work to do there.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@JonWright Thanks! I did look into an app that would let you sell in different units, so maybe I will just have to do what you did and build a test site. I'd really like to simplify things because most of our employees are older and I find when I come back from my days off there are many inventory errors and overall our website is just clunky and a mess. 

0 Likes