How do you change billing period to monthly instead of annual?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey there Shopifyers

I sent an email to shopify support about this but I got back an automated reply telling me to find the answer in the forums. So far I cannot find the answer. 

Here is my email to support and the automated answer is below. 

I’ve been trying to downgrade my 2 year billing period to monthly for a while. 

The only options for me are 2 year and 3 year subscription.

Thanks in advance

Bekir 

Hi Bekir,

Thanks for contacting Shopify Support! A support ticket has not been created.

From August 13th 2019, we have changed how you create a support ticket by email! As part of these changes, support@shopify.com no longer accepts incoming messages. Instead, to get help or open a support ticket, visit the Shopify Help Center where you can contact our Support team by email, chat or phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
21 3 4

Hey, @Tuhafiyeciniz_Y,

Finley from Shopify here.

Thank you for reaching out and for your detailed message.

A downgrade from the annual plan to a monthly plan will need to be actioned by our billing team.

The only exception to this is if you were to downgrade to a paused plan. Since there's not an annual version of the paused plan, you would automatically be moved to the monthly plan. This can be done through the Shopify admin > Settings > Plan and permission > Store status > Pause.

Otherwise, for any other plan, there are a few things to note before downgrading from the annual version:

• If you have any features that aren't a part of the monthly plan that you wish to move to, this will result in the loss of these features. You can check the current features of the monthly plans we offer, as well as view our guide on the plan features.

• Third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates is a feature that comes with the annual plan, so if would you like to continue using this on your monthly plan, this can be added for $20 USD per month, if requested.

Should you wish to move forward with downgrading, I have sent an email to your email address listed on your Shopify Community profile. Please respond to my email with your .myshopify.com URL. From there, I will be able to look into your account and send this request to our billing team.

Otherwise, for any other inquiries, you can contact our team at any time. It sounds like the issue you had over email was due to it not being created in our contact center. You can email, live chat, or request a callback through our Shopify Help Center.

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How do I contact billing to change my plan from annual to monthly? I've been trying to get this resolved for the past month.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
21 3 4

Hi @Karmen12,

Thank you for posting! I understand that you're currently being charged for your plan annually but would like to change this to the monthly plan?

To downgrade from an annual plan, this would need to be actioned by our billing team. The only exemption to this is if you were to downgrade to a paused plan, mentioned in my post above.

I've gone ahead and sent you an email to your Shopify Community email address. I'll be happy to send your request to the billing team from there!

For immediate assistance, you can always contact our support team following the steps in this video.

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes