How can I delete a menu from the navigation page?

themandril
Tourist
5 0 10

In the navigation page, I want to delete a menu - the actual menu, not items from a menu. I can't see a trash can or any way to delete it.

Replies 5 (5)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hi, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team.

To delete a menu you will have to go to your Store Admin and click on Online Store > Navigation. The just click the menu name and scroll down. You will see a button that says Delete Menu.

16-18-nbih3-tv7gl

However, if you are just wanting to delete a menu from being connected to the storefront you will need to follow different steps. In that case, you will need to click on Online Store > Themes > Customize > Header or Footer on the home page. From there you will just need to click Remove under Menu.

Can you try those options and let me know how it works for you?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

themandril
Tourist
5 0 10

I have no delete button, see attached.Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 1.25.58 PM.png

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Thank you so much for attaching that image! 

The reason that there's no Delete button visible is that it is the Footer Menu. The Main Menu and the Footer Menu are actually not able to be deleted, but any additional menus that have been created are able to be discarded. 

I hope that helps to answer your question. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

KJK
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

Ive just picked up this thread as I was looking for a way to delete the main menu from the simple theme. Is there no way this can be done? I don't want any navigation tools on this website as it is intended to operate solely as a shopping cart portal for products that are described in detail on another (non-commercial)website. I will be providing a link on that website to open the relevant product page in simple and direct them through a checkout. Any help is appreciated, cheers

Beweeted
Visitor
1 0 0

How do I have no header/footer menu display on my website?

The closest you can do is display an empty navigation menu. You can use a new menu, or remove all the menu items in the existing menus.

How can I delete the original header/footer menus?

The navigation menus with the handles "main-menu" and "footer" can't be deleted.

I don't use the Main Menu and the Footer navigation. They are adding clutter. How do I remove them?

As noted above, you can't. You can add all the elements of another menu, rename this menu, then delete the old menu. But you can't delete these two main menus themselves, only rename them.

I had a different number of menus on my main site and my development site, and came here looking how to delete the extra menu. I understood the answers here, but they seemed lacklustre for explaining it to others. I hope this translation helps.