How do you eliminate the social media share buttons which appear on the product pages? Debut theme.

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hello, how do you eliminate the social media share buttons which appear on the product pages?

What code should I edit? 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
461 56 111

Hey there. 

I'm Lizzy, from support team at Shopify.

To remove the social media share buttons in Debut, you don't need to edit the code at all! The option to remove them will appear directly in your theme editor.

To get there you can go to Online Store>Themes>Customize(on the theme you're editing). Once in the customizer you can switch to the product page options by clicking on the drop down in the top bar. From here, you will want to click on the "Product Pages section" where you will see the options below.

Unchecking "Show social sharing options" will remove them from your product pages. I made a short video to show the steps for getting to this point in Debut in the theme editor. You can watch it here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about what I've said. You can give us a call too or start a live chat at any time.

Thank you, 
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Thanks this was very useful!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have this problem and my theme does not have that option to just hide social sharing buttons.

0 Likes