How do you like the Shopify checkout process?

Shopify Partner
8 0 0

I wanted to reach out to get some feedback and open a discussion to see what everybody else thinks of the Shopify checkout process in general, and have any of you looked at your analytics to see exactly how many people drop off from the Shopping Cart page to Step 1 to Step 2?

I recently bought a company who built their store on CRE Loaded. I did the numbers and there is a massive drop off thru each step of the 6 step check out process. The more I dig into CRE Loaded the more I hate it as an ecommerce solution and am thinking of making the switch over to shopify. It would probably be easier to start over than it would be to update the CRE Loaded stuff...

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Dont think the checkout is to blame for that (well it is a factor ofcourse)

many people go all the way to the checkout to get the price,just to make sure that all the taxes, and shipping is included.

eddie

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5826 0 276

many people go all the way to the checkout to get the price,just to make sure that all the taxes, and shipping is included.

I typically do this myself. Very true.

Caroline from http://11heavens.com ∴ mllegeorgesand AT gmail DOT com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

WildWisconsin,

Seeing companies that use both the 1 page, and 2 page process on a daily basis - I can tell you it's really tough call. 

Some people like the 1 page process however it can be too much information for one page. The two page process seems to be a nice compromise in my opinion. 

A 6 step process seems to be a ton of work for someone to spend their money, especially if it's a impulse decision. 

just me opinion. 

0 Likes