How long does it take to make sales?

Pilotlight
1 0 0
I have had my Shopify store for almost a month. I am obviously doing something wrong, but idk what. I have an attractive looking store, it’s simple yet easy to navigate and I spent slot of time on descriptions and marketing. I am posting on Twitter, instagram and Facebook as well as any other outlet I can. It shows that I am getting a lot of traffic but I don’t understand why I haven’t made any sales. Can someone please help me out? My store is brickitstickit.net

I have seen a million stories online of people making sales within days and I just don’t know what I am doing wrong. I am literally following there moves step by step but it’s just not working for me. I don’t want to give up yet, there is no reason why I shouldn’t have at least a couple sales by this point. What am I doing wrong?
0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 118

Hi, @Pilotlight!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Not making sales can be super disheartening, but there's always a way to help influence those sales. I'll work through a couple of things with you now, and if you need some more assistance, please don't hesitate to reply with any questions you have!

After looking at your site, the first thing I noticed is that there are no policies listed. Shipping, Privacy, and Terms of Service policies are great to have as it shows potential customers that you're a legitimate company. They're a must-have for any business so that you have something to follow if something goes wrong. Think about:

• How long is processing and shipping?
  • Do I accept returns? If so, what are the conditions of returns?
  • What payment types do I offer?

These are just some of the examples you can use. If you're stuck for ideas, we have templates built into your Shopify settings under Settings > Legal in your admin. We also have a great guide on creating the policies and adding them to your menu, which you can find here.

You mentioned that you've been posting on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. This is a really good idea, as these 3 platforms, along with Google Shopping have access to millions of potential customers, just waiting to buy your products! When using these platforms for your marketing, there's more to it than just posting updates or trying to spend money. You need to dig deeper into who your customers may be, where they are from, and potentially their age. We have a great program called Shopify Academy, which has free courses on different ways to be successful with your business. Take a look at our Facebook marketing course for more ideas.

I've thrown a lot of resources your way, and there are many more available at your fingertips. Check out Shopify's Academy, Help Centre and our Blog for more inspiration.

I look forward to hearing from you and watching your store succeed!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
shipguru
Shopify Partner
151 6 17

@Pilotlight ,

I want to point out a few issues with the website which could be the reason for low conversion.  Please review the following and let me know your thoughts.

We can also setup a call to discuss graphic/layout update service.

A.  the header looks unprofessional (no logo with sign name in top corner) 

- shopping cart in top right corner is to small and doesn't show qty with items are added.

- the banner has tex with background color - should be transparent. 

Product page: 

-  need upsell "you may also like" feature

Checkout:

-  need logo in heading  

- need shipping calculator    

-  Shipping discounts (shipping is really high for international) 

0 Likes
HelpfulBeing
Pathfinder
106 6 22

Hey @Pilotlight  ,

Here are some ideas you might want to consider or look at that could help getting more sales :

1) You can setup Facebook & Google ads to attract sales.

2) Add information about shipping, Returns & Refunds, FAQ's which are all very important to have and increase trust with shoppers.

3) Customer Testimonials should be added to build visitor's trust.

4) Add sections like "Featured Products" or Products with discounts to attract customers on homepage.

5) You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

Hope above points helps you drive more sales :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
Elewis121
9 0 0

Hey Miles!

and to anyone else who is very well experienced in this field. 

I myself am also new at starting a new Shopify store. I’ll admit I have not yet spent money on advertising yet as such. (Which I am due to in a few days)

but can’t help but feeling the little bit of traffic I’m getting is not spending hardly any time in my page. Maybe due to the products or the way I’ve set up the theme for the website. I’ve done a bit of product research and shows this has been selling a lot. But not sure why the bounce of so quickly. 

I’m am going to add more products to the page and have even added discounts already. Reviews and pages for terms of service and so on. 

but just want any tips on what I could be doing wrong and what needs to be improved  

The website : cater4you.myshopify.com

I sincerely look forward to any help or constructive feedback !

Thanks,

Eugene!

0 Likes
Edward-Newgate
Navigator
505 21 60

Hi @Pilotlight 

I can not access your store so I can not see and tell you what you should do but I'd recommend you have a read on this article: How To Get More Sales On Shopify? Tips & Strategies, as the title, it's all about the ways you should do to improve conversion rates and get a lot of sales.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Elewis121
9 0 0

Hello,

I have tried different browsers and the website seems to work fine. Not sure what it could be. I’ve allowed access without a password. 
Could you try again and see please ? I really would love some help. 

https://cater4you.myshopify.com/

thanks !

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 118

Hi, @Elewis121!

I've had a look at your site and it's a great start! I love that you have an "About Us" section right on the homepage, which is a great way to connect to the customers' emotions. You've got some great products on there too. There are a few things I would suggest to make your site stand out a bit more which I'll outline below.

Firstly, have you thought about purchasing a custom domain? At the moment, you're using the .myshopify.com URL included in your subscription, but having your own .com/.co.uk etc domain can really stand out. If you're new to e-commerce and buying domains, we have a great guide to walk you through the process. You can check it out here: https://bit.ly/2XSqx6J.

Another focus for your site would be the overall design of your page. While it does look great, there are some details you can change to make it look even better. Try making some changes to the images on the homepage so they're less fuzzy and more compact. To help you with this, I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales. To find courses relating to store design, check out this list.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on ways for you to drive sales into your store. I've got some great recommendations below that I'd recommend taking a look at:

Driving Traffic but No Sales?
* We give you 13 steps to improve your conversions.
* Who is your target audience, and does your sites look and feel cater to them?
* Is your business trustworthy? (Also see the next recommendation below for more on this)

The 39-Point Store Trust Checklist
* Work through a checklist to make sure your store is trusted by potential customers.
* Look at the "nice to haves" vs "must-haves" in your store.
* Do you have essential information for your customers to view, like policies?

Small changes can make a big impact. You've made a great start, and putting in some of these changes will help take your site to the next level.

0 Likes
Lachie
7 0 0

Hey all,

I have recently started my e-commerce career with my store which you can see here. Although I am very new to the game and my store has only been up for around 2 weeks, I have put a lot of work into designing the store, creating ads, reaching out to promoters, and running an Instagram page. I have worked my way to around 50 store sessions on average per day which I think is not too bad considering I only started a couple of weeks ago. However, I am yet to make a sale and it is really frustrating and makes me want to commit even though I have already spent a lot of time and a bit of money on this.

If anyone could give me a few tips or suggestions on how I could convert my traffic a bit better, attract buying customers, and ultimately generate sells I would much appreciate it.

Thanks guys,

Lachie

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 118

Hey, @Lachie!

I really enjoyed looking at your store. I love that you've covered everything from "About Us", policies, testimonials and really making your products shine.

I'd certainly suggest taking a look at your footer, specifically the white space and the menus. The menus would look great as a list rather than spread out across the bottom as it can look messy.

You can then use more space to add in a newsletter sign up option to keep customers informed of new products and sales in your store.

I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on ways for you to drive sales into your store. I've got some great recommendations below that I'd recommend taking a look at:

Driving Traffic but No Sales?
* We give you 13 steps to improve your conversions.
* Who is your target audience, and does your sites look and feel cater to them?
* Is your business trustworthy? (Also see the next recommendation below for more on this)

The 39-Point Store Trust Checklist
* Work through a checklist to make sure your store is trusted by potential customers.
* Look at the "nice to haves" vs "must-haves" in your store.
* Do you have essential information for your customers to view, like policies?

0 Likes