How long is "normal" before you make your first sale?

Jacquelyn_Ellis
Tourist
8 0 1
I'm just curious how long does it takes before you convert your visitors into customers? Days, weeks?....
0 Likes
Butt_Watchers1
5 0 0
I would say up to two weeks as long as you have a high number of visitors. My store took one week to get its first sale but my company built up a large following on facebook first to help direct visitors to our store.
0 Likes
Amanda_Trimble
Excursionist
15 0 6
I don't really think there is any "normal" amount of time. My first day, I made three sales but I haven't made one in about a week. Are you pumping out the word on Facebook and Twitter?
Jacquelyn_Ellis
Tourist
8 0 1
I am utilizing my social media daily. Pinterest, FB, Twitter, even Instagram! I set up Google Adwords too! My site is only 6 days old with a ton of traffic, but no customers yet. Thanks for the feedback Butt Watchers and Amanda Trimble! I will keep at it and stay hopeful!
0 Likes
Anthony_Adams
Shopify Partner
10 0 6
what is your traffic like?
0 Likes
Amanda_Trimble
Excursionist
15 0 6
Definitely stay hopeful.
0 Likes
Natasha_Chassag
Tourist
6 0 1
I'm wondering the same thing Jacquelyn. Our site has been live for five weeks and no sales. We built up a following on twitter and facebook and got a lot of great comments personally from different people, but we also sell quite niche products (fair trade etc) and only within Australia. Are you selling wordwide?
Jacquelyn_Ellis
Tourist
8 0 1
Hi Natasha, I ship world wide and also have a bit of a niche market (wedding industry), but after 5 weeks I would be getting a little worried too. Have you thought about doing a promotion like Free Shipping or 10% off certain items, etc.? I have 2 promotions that are similar to those and still nothing. Have you also done some market comparisons? Love your website though and your products are beautiful!
Jamie_Brittain
Tourist
4 0 1
Mine took a couple weeks. I still don't have a lot of customers but that is because of low traffic. My conversion rate is about 1%.
0 Likes
Natasha_Chassag
Tourist
6 0 1
Thanks Jacquelyn, I guess we're in the same boat. My conclusion is that niche markets might take that extra bit of time. I've done all the same promotion as you. My hope is that when it takes off, it takes off...so keep at it :) You do have some beautiful things. If I had seen your store when I got married recently it would have made the shopping easier. Connect with me on facebook and twitter and I'll send your page to some friends that are getting married soon. Best of luck!
0 Likes