How many domains can i have in one shopify account?

karmelito
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi, how many domains can i have in one shopify account, beside from the primary and x.myshopify.com, and not redirecting to the primary account meaning can i have more than two dot.com domains with different content?

Replies 5 (5)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @karmelito,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Great question! An account can have up to 10 domains (11 if you include the .myshopify URL), all with free SSL certificates provided by Shopify. Shopify Plus has no limit.

So you can add 10 domains to a store and Shopify will provide SSL certificates for free to each domain. This includes the "www" subdomain, or other subdomains, but does not include the "myshopify.com" domain. 

If you're asking if it's possible to set up two different websites/online stores with the one account, it wouldn't be possible. You can set up URL redirections if you're hoping to point the domain/url to a specific page, however, it wouldn't be possible to have two separate website layouts with the one account. If this is not what you mean, please let me know with an example and I'll take a closer look. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

karmelito
Tourist
10 0 0

Thank you I understood you mr. Ted. i have one more question can i delete the primary domain and put another one (and updating with some other content)?

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @karmelito,

Sorry for the delay in my response, I never received this notification and I missed your query. Would you be able to show me an example of what you mean by "update with other content"? Are you hoping to have the domain point to a non Shopify store

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 

RayGunn
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ted - Hoping you can elaborate more on this as I am interested in creating something similar to the attached image in terms of functionality). In the image the main site (GAP) has sub brands linked to the site - see top left highlighted in red / green. Site URL for reference too - https://www.gap.com/

So my query then is to find out if this is possible on Shopify?

Thanks

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @RayGunn!

I'm helping Ted out with some posts here, I'd like to help if I can! I can't seem to see the links to the brands on the Gap site you've linked? They may have updated their site and removed the links you're referring to! However, I do think I know what you are looking to do - you wanted to have a logo list of other brands, and then have another domain linked to the logos? So the customer is brought to the other brand's site when they click on the logos? If this is what you're looking for, you can follow this guide here from our Partners Blog, it will go over who to create a custom logo bar section. 

This blog post and the coding guide included will only apply to themes not using the Shopify Online Store 2.0 themes. So this will only work for you if you are using an older version of your theme. If you weren't sure what theme you have, you can check out the theme architecture here

Can I ask what theme you are currently using? Also, was this guide the kind you were looking for? 

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify