How many...

2 0 0

Hello!

I'm new here so thank you in advance for all the valuable information already received by my "lurking".

My domain name and one shopify page.

I want to start with only one product on a highly streamlined page.

Then, as it gets traction, I'd like to add another product under the same domain name, but, with a subdomain for the new product on a different page of my store.

Possible?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hi Louie. 

This is Dallas from the Social Care Team here at Shopify. 

With Shopify you are able to have as many domains connected to your store as you would like. You are also able to get customized subdomains for your store. However, it wouldn't be possible to have one domain connected to one product and a subdomain connected to another product. Domains and subdomains are only able to be connected to the entire store at large. 

When you add a different product your site's domain it would look like this: 

If you are set on having one domain connected to one product and one domain connected to another you would need to look into getting a second site for your second product. I will add, however, that you would then have to pay for a separate site subscription. If you were to do this and you wanted your second site to look visually the same as the first site you could follow these instructions to duplicate your site. All you would have to do at that point would just be to link to each site in the navigation menu. 

If you are looking for a streamlined theme with only one product I would suggest looking at these one product themes on the Shopify theme store.

I hope this helps to answer your question. If you need any more help please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. Our support is here 24/7 to help you

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Dallas! Thank you so much for taking the time to craft a terrific response to my inquiry. I believe my thought process will work based on the example you placed in your post. I am not interested in creating a general store because I do not want even lower conversion rates because of multiple distractions of products that will cause people to click away. If I have, say, only five products, I would name each product as a subdomain of my main domain that would have people land on that page within my Shopify site. Yes? I don't know if I'm being completely clear and what I'm looking to do... I'm not interested in buying multiple Shopify stores to accomplish this. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hi, Louie. 

If you were to have a different domain it wouldn't take your customers to a specific page on your site. It would just take your customers to the website in general.  

With this being said, however, the URL for each product will be different. For example, your first product would be

www.yourdomain.com/product/Product-name-1

While your second one would be

www.yourdomian.com/product/Product-name-2

Does this help to clarify? 

Cheers,

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes