How much is the Shopify shipping discount

Highlighted
4 0 0

I am working on setting up shipping for my new online store. I have a quote and discount from my UPS store if I want to enter an agreement with them. However, your website says “Get up to 73% off UPS rates when you purchase postage through Shopify.” How do I see what the percentage off discount is for my Shopify store so I can compare rates? I have Shopify Advanced. Is it 20%? 73%? I want to give my shoppers the best rate possible.

I tried calling but the callback option isn’t working.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1248 76 274

Hey, @Bedsocks1!

Great question! The discount applied for Shopify Shipping is not a specific amount is it is based on a few different variables such as courier, package type, and destination. The best rate will be provided to your customer at the time of checkout which means there are no extra steps you'll need to do to ensure your customer (and you) are paying the best price. As you're on the "Advanced plan" you'll get the highest possible discount level available when it is available during the checkout process

Pulling from our help doc here, we have a breakdown of the couriers, and discount levels per plan:

20-06-l5etd-hy8iw

The help doc will provide examples of each courier, the package type, and the destination to give you an idea of how the discount works. I've included UPS below for you as that is the courier you're dealing with currently:

20-06-nexyp-rjuz9

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you so much for assistance. We will for sure be UPS as our shipping method. At least, half of our customers live within 200 miles of our warehouse and most live locally. Would you be able to give me a better idea of Shopify UPS discounts when shipping locally? Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1248 76 274

@Bedsocks1 

I'm afraid not. The information I've provided above is what we have available in terms of how our courier discounts work, and what level of discount to expect based on different variables. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes