How "Reached Checkout" get calculated in Shopify?

2 0 0

Hey guys,

My store opened since February and growing steady. But there is one thing make me confuse is my "Reached Checkout" rate.

At first I think when they reach 1st checkout page, where they have to fill in their information like address, phone number, etc then it counted as "Reached Checkout".

But when I change my add to cart action to direct redirect to checkout page.

There is still drop between add to cart rate and reached checkout rate.

I wonder how "Reached checkout" get calculated in Shopify.

Regards,
Dat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 4

Hello Dat! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! The customer doesn't necessarily need to enter any details during the checkout, 'Reached Checkout'  is indicated by any customers who would get to the checkout simply by clicking the 'checkout' button. Checkouts that have been abandoned and had customer details and their email address would be in your Shopify Admin> Orders> Abandoned Checkout section.

The 'Reached Checkout' figure would include any customers who have reached the page one of the checkout effectively, no customer information needs to be entered in to account for this.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Kassey S,

Thank you for your reply. Is that only indicated by customers who click the "Checkout" button. Or there are other ways?

Did they get indicated just by visit page 
https://checkout.shopify.com/xxx/checkouts/xxx?step=contact_information

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Kassey,

Can you provide more information about why Dat is seeing more "add to cart" than "reached checkout?" I am also seeing the same problem. My store is set up to use the permalink checkout URL, which works perfectly. So there should not be a way that the user can add an item to cart without also reaching checkout. But those two numbers are not lining up at all (see screenshot).

Checkout conversion is an important metrics and I would appreciate if you can provide some insights as to what is going on.

Thanks!

Dan

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am having the same problem...and I see there is no one here answering....

Please Shopify, check this out!

0 Likes
Excursionist
105 0 10

Maybe the customer closed the page during the delay between when the "add to cart" button was pressed and the "checkout" page loaded.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I am facing the same issue. Very confusing. Any shopify staff able to shed some light on this?

0 Likes