How to Actually Reach Shopify Phone Support

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 5

Shopify's discontinuation of their heretofore excellent phone support protocol is a disaster. The worst I have seen on my 6+ years on the platform. To do so without warning is something you would expect from Google, not Shopify. 

Here is the dirty little secret to actually getting through to the new system - 

You need to type something into the search box on the landing page.

(If you don't know to do this, you get caught in an endless loop.)

Once you do this, scroll down and click on Get Help from the Shopify Support Team 

Then a new page will load and then select request a callback. 

The request a call back button will be under the chat area on the left side of the page. 

I hope this helps. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
606 35 93

Hi, @MacCase 

I'm sorry you had so much trouble with our Support page and are disappointed with the way we've implemented changes to our support. 

To help you faster, we've implemented callbacks and moved some phone conversations to online chats and email. 

I can completely appreciate your frustration though, especially if you were depending on us to help you with your business. 

Do you have any feedback in terms of how we can make our page more clear? 

Please let me know so I can bring your feedback directly to the team who manages this page. 

Thanks so much for reaching out here and expressing your concerns. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to improve, we're here to support you 24/7. 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 5

Have a single landing page for call backs. Why do we need to fill out a pretend search bar, click, wait, click again, wait, click again...it's ridiculous. A 4 year old could have designed a better interface. A single landing page with the call back info on it directed from the message on the old call in line is what is needed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
606 35 93

Hi, @MacCase 

Thanks for your candid feedback. The search bar is in place as we recommend relevant Help Center articles which can assist with your query. If the documents do not help answer your question, there is an option for you to contact our support. 

I've passed along your message to our team who has designed our Support page. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes