How to Add a Dine In Option to Checkout

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11

Hi Experts, I am setting up my Online Store for my new Restaurant.

There is the option to offer Delivery and also Local Pickup but I can't seem to be able to add an option to Dine In

Essentially Dine-In needs to be a replica of Pickup option but the difference means a lot to us because for Pickup the food is presented in take-away plastic containers whereas for Dine-In the food is prepared and laid out on a plate as the customer arrives.  Also, for Dine-In we know whether or not to reserve a table for them if it's looking like the restaurant will be close to full capacity.

I have looked at Delivery Options and also looked at the code but having difficulty finding a way to add this option.

Thanks in Advance :

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
423 43 47

Hello AntonCollenBrand, 

Could you kindly let us know how the delivery and pickup option you are using on your store. 

Are you using any app for this ?

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11

Hi Pallavi

I am not using any Apps, as I understood that Shopify was a suitable platform for restaurants.

So far I have set up Delivery or Pick up options, but I would like to add a third option Dine In (same functionality as Pick UP - only we treat it differently from a back-end perspective)

AntonColenbrand_0-1596252591783.png

If they choose Delivery option then I plan to configure the different suburbs as Shipping Methods, each with their own delivery fee depending on distance from restaurant.

AntonColenbrand_1-1596252718122.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 0

Hi AntonColenbrand

I am Tarek, an app developer.

Is this still an issue for you?

Thanks !

0 Likes