Solved

How to Add filter by in venture theme

himanshuhk
Tourist
8 0 1

I tried many ways but not able to add the filter by in venture theme

it just showing short by but i also want the filter by option please help me out how to add that

Accepted Solution (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @himanshuhk

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! I'm happy to help you out with getting the 'Filter by' menu to show up in the Venture theme.

Venture allows you to use the 'Sort by' menu and/or 'Filter by' menu on Collection pages. The 'Filter by' menu is available when you add tags to the products in a collection. Once tags have been added to use as filters, you can make sure that tag filtering is enabled in the Venture theme under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Collection pages > Collection. Here's an example of what that looks like in the Venture theme on my test store:

21-01-u78bf-8zkft

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @himanshuhk

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! I'm happy to help you out with getting the 'Filter by' menu to show up in the Venture theme.

Venture allows you to use the 'Sort by' menu and/or 'Filter by' menu on Collection pages. The 'Filter by' menu is available when you add tags to the products in a collection. Once tags have been added to use as filters, you can make sure that tag filtering is enabled in the Venture theme under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Collection pages > Collection. Here's an example of what that looks like in the Venture theme on my test store:

21-01-u78bf-8zkft

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Mariovb
Visitor
1 0 0

How do I add more and remove filters? All it shows for mine is t shirts and all

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Filters are created (or removed) when you add or remove tags on your products.

The first step is to head to Products > All products in your admin, and then you can add tags to the Organization section, using commas to separate tags. The full step-by-step instructions are linked here (including a video tutorial). If you need to add or remove tags for multiple products at once, you can use the bulk editor to achieve this.

I would love to learn about the filters you're trying to set up so I can possibly provide some more specific advice for you. If you require further customization in organizing your store's filters, a third-party app may be able to help.

KWoods
Visitor
1 0 2

Can we select specific tags to use for filtering?  I have numerous tags so that people searching will be able to find the products easily.  However, I only want to filter by a small number of the tags.  Is that possible with the venture theme?

Or, is it possible to change the "Sort by" lists to include certain collections or tags?