Shopify Partner
3 0 3

from business.facebook.com

click catalogs

Click on your catalog that is "owned" by shopify

owned

click on settings on the top row

settings

Now you will see business manager account and shopify's ID as I have highlighted

BMANow click the the top button on the left. The same way we found catalogs but this time you are going to click on Business Settings.

biz settingsTo the left click on Data Sources and then Pixels

pixels

Since you hsould already have a pixel set up, to the left it says three options. click on assign partner. Set the role as pixel analyst and enter the shopify manager ID. Confirm.

add partner

Finally go back to the settings of the catalog owned by shopify(same place you found the shopify manager id) and you should now be able to choose your pixel by clicking Edit on Event sources. As I have highlighted.

event sources

3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Peter you genius!! Thank you for sharing this solution.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

You're very welcome! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Incredible. Thanks so much, Peter.

0 Likes
9 0 0

Peter, this is an amazing tutorial, however ive had a spot of bother and i think something has gone wrong. Ive followed all your instructions but... when i go into Data Sources>Catalogues there still isnt a catalogue listed. and as such i cant get Instagram product tagging enabled as my store doesnt qualify (no catalogue)

Any Suggestions are very welcome at this point, im hoping to go live with my store soon.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Thanks for this Peter - very helpful!

I'm having a similar issue to Steven. I've got the Catalog pulling in all products and the pixel associated, but when I go to Ads Manager to actually make the ads (trying to do dynamic remarketing on Facebook), I don't have access to the Catalog. And since it's owned by Shopify, I can't give myself access. 

Anyone have a solution for this one?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Steven, I believe you haven't enabled the Facebook shop option from your shopify account . When you goto the facebook app in your shopify account you can enable it there and then publish your items .

Kate, I will have to look into this. I've been creating my own ads but using my pixel for tracking. Ill see what I come up with .

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm in the same boat as Steven and Kate. My FB shop is activated, but like Kate, the catalog is owned by Shopify, but I cannot give myself access.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having the same problem. My Facebook shop is enabled and I can see my catalog until I go to "Data Sources" then "Catalogs" and it says my business doesn't have catalogs yet. What?! I think this is why I haven't been approved for Instagram Tagging! Been dealing with this for months and no one seems to know the answer. I want to know how all those Instagram shops got approved for Instagram tagging but I can't.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Peter, thanks a lot! One day to try to find a solution! Thanks!

0 Likes