How to Associate Shopify's Product Catalogue (on FB) with my FB Pixel

Highlighted
1 0 0

Yeah still no dice for me, adding Shopify as Analyst and even Admin, nothing changes.

Honestly the fact that no one from Shopify has commented on this thread is just appalling. Literally such a foundational integration and affecting thousands of people.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and so does hundreds of people. Please let us know how to solve this. My pixel is NOT working due to missing catalog issues which are adressed in this forum. Please, Everything is ready to sell and this is frustrating as hell.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Peter, 

I followed the steps you described, but it looks like Shopify has to approve the pixel access I shared with them.

How can I do that? 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Ok, apparently you need to add shopify (according to catalog settings - take the business manger ID that owns the catalog) as partner  to your business manager (and not just to the pixel) and then you will be able to connect the pixel to the catalog, Worked for me

0 Likes
2 0 0

Did shopify have to approve this?

0 Likes
2 0 0

@ggyaniv  wouldn't this give shopify access to a lot of information regarding our FB business account?

0 Likes
5 0 0
No
0 Likes
5 0 0

No need for shopify to approve this. Yes, I assume it gives them info about the account, but anyway you connect the pixel, I don't see a problem with that

0 Likes
2 0 0

Contacted Shopify today but they were not able to help. I have the "request pending" for Shopify as a Pixel Analyst under the pixel that is connected and firing correctly on our store. When I go under Data Source - > Catalogs (under settings)  it shows that I do not have any catalog (Company name does not have any catalogs yet) even though when I go under Catalog Manager the Shopify created catalog is there and working properly with all of our product shown.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 6

@ggyaniv , I've done this and still have the pending status on the pixel. 

What access did you give them when adding Shopify as a partner in your business manager?

PS: to anyone wondering, adding the Shopify business ID to a pixel used to work just fine. Now it apparently sends an invite for Shopify to approve, super frustrating.

0 Likes