2 0 0

Hi,

This is Shopify's feedback:

{

Jen F (Shopify)

Mar 25, 15:11 EDT

Hey Jose,
This is Jen, your Shopify Guru!

I see you contacted our expert live chat and they’ve forwarded your question along to us. I’m super happy to help you today!

At this time, we have no way to change the ownership of your Facebook catalog. However, we've recently added a new Marketing Section that will allow you to create dynamic ads through your Shopify Admin so that you have more control over your ads.

You should be able to set up any ad through the new Marketing section that you'd be able to on Facebook.

However, if you really need to have your own Facebook catalog, you can use an app like Flexify to set up a manual feed.

Hope that helps!
Jen | Shopify Guru

}

My final comment:  As you can see Shopify has ZERO interest in fixing this issue.  Maybe a Facebook Business Manager guru can find a solution that would work for everyone.  Not sure how other people in this forum were able to get it to work.

Thank you all.

0 Likes
2 0 0
That was the response I got yesterday when I chatted with them too. I have
The Facebook marketing in Shopify set up, but it is very restrictive on
what settings you can select. I can't even tell if it is marketing to
"product page views/abandoned carts" or just "abandoned carts" customers.
Am not thrilled.
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks for posting Shopify's response megamallexp. Neither solution they offer is a solution at all. Also curious if / how anyone got has figured a work-around. Everything I've tried has got me nowhere.

0 Likes

Hi There,

With Smart Ads app you can have your Facebook product catalog owned and paired with your pixel, and automatically create Dynamic Ads and track conversions of people who visited, added to cart or purchased and target similar people. We've invented a new concept app that does all that and more, dedicated to Shopify stores, can help you quickly get from your first audience targeting to full optimization, give it a try:

https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads

All the best!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes
1 0 0

hello. Any update? It's driving me crazy!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

This is highly unprofessional from Shopify.

I can't start selling my products because of this and I have already started paying Shopify on a monthly basis...

Does anyone know at least how to make refreshing XML feed from scratch?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I still haven't been able to associate my pixel with the shopify catalog but I did get the instagram channel and product tagging working with the catalog. After searching online and many hours of just trial and error, I ended up using flexify to create my own catalog with my products. Then I was able to link my instagram account to that catalog (since it showed I owned it) and wait for them to approve my shop. I linked my facebook business page to my instagram business account and then went back into shopify. Added both the facebook and instagram channels like normal and when my shop was approved for both I was able to go into the instagram app and link the catalog that shopify "owns" - didn't even need to use the new catalog I created myself! Not sure why this was such an issue but it fixed it. Hope this helps someone out! 

If this solved your headache more quickly than mine feel free to send some appreciation paypal.me/eb362

0 Likes

Hi there. I am new here. Thanks for the information. 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Has anyone found a resolution to this? It is a year later and I find I am experiencing this issue regarding the inability to link up a Shopify catalog to a pixel and now additional make changes to the products displayed within the catalog (mainly disabling products from showing up when being served).

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
51 1 4

No new updates on this.

A DIY approach to implementing this is described here:

https://business.czarto.com/2016/11/22/shopify-diy-facebook-product-feed/

A recap of the above article below:

1. Install the Google Shopping Channel

Install Shopify’s free Google Shopping app. This will allow you to configure product properties such as Age Group, Gender, and Product Category.

2. Create an XML Collection Template

Create a custom collection template that will output your products as XML instead of HTML.

• In the Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Action > Edit Code
  • Under Templates, choose Add a new Template
  • Choose collection from the drop down and name your template fb-product-feed
  • Paste the code from this link " Shopify Facebook Product Feed Template" into your new template and click Save.

3. Assign products to your Feed

In Step 2 you created your feed template. Now you need to assign products to this feed:

• In Shopify Admin, go to Products > Collections > Create Collection
  • Enter a Title: “Facebook Product Feed”
  • Add Products to the collection (either manually or using conditions)
  • IMPORTANT! Assign your feed TEMPLATE to this collection.
    In the bottom right column choose collection.fb-product-feed as the Theme Template.
  • Save and Preview the collection. You should see unformatted text on the screen. This is your Facebook feed.
  • Copy the url of as you need it in the next step.

4. Upload your Feed to Facebook

• In Facebook Business Manager go to Assets > Catalogs > Create Catalog.
  • Catalog Type: E-Commerce
  • Click Add Products Use Datafeed
  • Enter the feed collection url you copied in step 3 above. Leave the username & password blank. Choose a time for your daily upload to occur (early morning is usually a good time). Choose your currency.
  • Click Start Upload and wait for the feed to be fetched and processed.
  • Fix errors: If there are errors, go back, fix them, re-fetch, and keep doing so until the feed is error free. Sometimes it is necessary to delete and re-create your catalog in Facebook for some changes to appear.
  • If you have more than 1000 product variants, you will need to submit multiple feeds with a ?page=x querystring appended like so: http://mystore.myshopify.com/collections/facebook-product-feed?page=1(This will send products 1-1000) and http://mystore.myshopify.com/collections/facebook-product-feed?page=2(This will send products 1001-2000)

5. Prevent the Facebook Feed from Showing on your Store

Depending on how your store is setup, you may need to add some code to prevent your Facebook feed collection from showing up on your store. The exact way to do this may depend on your theme, but generally you will want to have an “unless” statement within the loop that displays your collections:

{% unless collection.title contains "Facebook" %}
... your collection code ...
{% endunless %}

Digital Marketing @ Manitobah.ca | Pendleton.ca | Aigle.ca
0 Likes