I am having trouble to bulk edit price for my products. Due to the exchange rate, I need to add additional 5% to the current pricing. Can anyone let me know how to do that?
I’m Melissa, a Shopify Guru. Thanks for posting. Some forum members may chime in with some of the workarounds they may have for bulk price changes and ways in which they use to do this. Here are a few options in how this may be achieved that I can see that may help.
1. You can manually change the price for each item in the admin Bulk Editor: You can see here and here. You can make some general changes here is you already know the new price, it will not add a calculation of a percentage though so that would be a limitation with this option. In this guide you will find a little more detail in how that can be edited.
2. Another option would be to use a Product CSV in order to make the price bulk edit. It may be possible to do a calculation formula so you can increase all products in the CSV to the percentage needed.
3. The final option would be the use of a bulk editing app, that will allow you to add the percentage and increase the price in a few clicks. Bulk Product Edit by Hextom or Bulk Editing by Booster Apps would be two apps to check out for the functionality your require.
Hope this information helps! You can reach out to the Guru team https://docs.shopify.com/support if you have any questions.
Have a great day!
Melissa | Shopify Guru
Just wanted to mention that our app, Bulk Editor by 2can Apps for Shopify can also help you out. You can quickly search for the products you want to edit (or choose all products) and then adjust prices by a percentage.
It also has the ability to edit other fields as well as the capability to update a single field via a CSV edit.
Here is the tutorial, how to bulk update Price and basically any specific field by using Excelify.io app: https://excelify.io/2017/09/06/shopify-product-price-bulk-update/
You can install the app from here: https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import
I am not sure if you are open to another app suggestion, but there is the Excelify app which, among other things, you can also use to bulk change your prices.
Here's the tutorial on how to do that:
You can also set the "Variant Cost" column with the same import to set the cost per item, too.
You could also check out our Bulk Product Editor app (https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-product-editor)
You can use the app to filter for the products you want to change (or choose all of them) and then edit them like this:
You can also round the numbers if you want so they all end in something like '.95'
The app includes a number of free edits per month too so if you just need to make these changes occasionally it won't cost you anything
Even if I am a little bit late... I want to suggest my app, "Ahia! - Easy Price Changer". It perfectly fits to the "+5%" necessity of the post because you can specify rules without dealing with a product at a time.
You can find it here: https://apps.shopify.com/ahia-easy-price-changer
With Ahia! - Easy Price Changer you can:
I am constantly working on releasing new features. Feel free to drop a line to email@example.com if you need anything!
This can be easily done with Airtable - you can set prices in bulk to a specific number, or use a formula to set based on a percent increase/decrease or any other logic you want (e.g., if fewer than 10 items in stock, increase price by 30%). Check out our overview of how to bulk change Shopify product prices with Airtable
1) Export the products you want to update.
2) Delete all columns except the Handle, Title, Sku and Price.
3) Update the prices.
4) Upload the file and be sure to click "Replace any current products that have the same handle. Existing values will be used for any missing columns."
This will find the products and 'replace' them, with the provided data (in this case the price) and will copy all the other data from the product it replaces. It won't affect your collections or tags as they will be part of the 'Existing vales' used.