How to Change the tracking link on the automatic notifications?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hello,

I would like to change the tracking link on the automatic notifications. How can i do it? In this moment, the client click on the tracking number and goes to the whistl -  https://trackmyitem.whistl.co.uk/tracking/s00000023711743

And no information is given to the client.

tracking.PNGtracking_II.PNG

I would like to keep the tracking number and redirect to the tracking page of the site - https://www.laromy.com/pages/tracking-orders

How and where can I change that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @Karllota!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear your tracking link isn't redirecting properly. That being said, there is a work-around!

Similarly to how you would add a tracking number in the order's page page in your Shopify Admin, you can select Other from the Shipping carrier drop-down menu, and enter the tracking URL manually. Instead of inserting the tracking URL in the "Tracking URL" slot, you can enter https://www.laromy.com/pages/tracking-orders. You can keep also add the tracking number here for your customer's reference.

Are you using an Oberlo supplier by any chance? If you are, you can follow their guide on how to send notifications to your customers about shipped orders here.

I hope that helps. Otherwise, how is business going? Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi Ryder,

Thanks for the useful information. I already change it.

I am a new online store, so i am still in the beginig and it is hard to see results (sales), but i am going to keep trying.

Thanks for the help.
Carla Sá

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

Hi @Karllota!

It's my pleasure, I'm happy to hear you were able to make the changes! 

Yes, being an entrepreneur is no joke! It does take a lot of passion, commitment, dedication, and hard work. For that reason, I'm glad you continue to try despite the hard times. I would be happy to see if I can offer any suggestions to steer you in the right direction. Do you mind if I ask what you're currently doing for marketing? There are a few different strategies you can incorporate in your marketing plan. You can look at email marketing, social media marketing, paid advertisements, affiliate marketing, etc. Once I have an idea of what kind of marketing you've done so far, I'd be happy to make recommendations.

Building a business is a lot of trial and error. You can build your business and market it, allowing you to test out how people are responding to your product. Are your visitors converting into customers? From the information available in your Analytics > Overview Dashboard, you can track your conversions.

The first thing you'll want to look at in the Overview Dashboard is how many visitor's your store had in the last 30 days. You can change the date range from "Today" to the "Last 30 days" to see that number. A good starting goal is to reach 1000 visitors in the last 30 days. Once you have that many 'test subjects', you can see how they're responding by looking at your Conversion rate. We recommend a goal of a 2-4% conversion rate after you've achieved 1000 visitors. How many visitors are you seeing for the last 30 days? 

Cheers.

-

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1
Dear Ryder,

I am a newbie on dropshipping and onlinesales. In this moment I am
focusing on understanding how the orders flows between the clients and my
store.

For example, and I dont know if you can help me with this two doubt:
*1) Change orders (cancel one item from the list ou change the item)*
I had one order with 4 items.
3 items were from orbelo and 1 item was from spocked.
The client canceled the spocked item.
all the orders from orbelo was taking care of, and I try to understand how
to cancel just 1 item in shopify and i could not find the way to to
that.What I did was to wait until the 3 items were marked as shipped from
orbelo products and then cancel the order. Shopify cancel everything. The
client receive an email with the all cancelation. Since he is a friend of
mine, it was OK. But if it was a client I would be in a bad situation.

*2) "Ships from" on the product information.*
In my opinion the client does not to have to know where from the itens are
shipped from or even have to choose that option.

Some products (suppliers) have that variant and pass to the site. Is it
possible to "to hide" that field from the site?

In one item I just erased the variant, but I know that will cause some
automation inconvinents.

[image: image.png]

Concerning marketing, I am bulding the social presence with posts and doing
a little ads on facebook. I already have one sale from that and I am
waiting to understand how it works in the end (client experience).

My acamedics formations in on marketing so I understand the importance of
image and customer experience.

It was very helpful if you can answer to my issues.

Best resgads,
Carla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Carla!

I'm glad you're taking time to learn the platform and it's processes. It can definitely be a learning curve! If you're interested in some good Dropshipping material to help you become more familiar, I recommend having a look at the following:

While you're not able to change products once an order is paid, you are able to cancel and refund an item while it remains Unfulfilled. Since your products are dropshipped, I suggest giving the Oberlo guide on How to Cancel an Order a read. As mentioned in this guide, you'll need to cancel the order from the supplier first, and then cancel the order in Shopify. In your case, you'll just want to refund part of an order. If your customer wants another product,  they'll need to submit a new order, or you can create a draft order for them.

Oberlo has a Help Centre with other handy documentation that you may be interested in referencing. I agree with your opinion for your customers not needing to see the "Ships From" option. This can potentially deter visitors from continuing with their purchase. Included in the Oberlo Help Centre is a guide on How to Remove the "Ships From" on Products to help you with removing them.

Since you're already experienced with marketing, I won't delve into it too much. I'd just like to recommend a couple of social media specific resources that may add to your existing knowledge. In our Shopify Academy, we have both an Instagram Marketing as well as a Facebook Marketing course. Gary Vaynerchuck also offers a $1.80 Instagram Strategy worth looking into.

Congratulations on your first sale Carla! I hope your customer is satisfied with the service. Do you have a reviews app? Having a reviews app can make it simpler for your customers to provide feedback. Displaying their reviews can also build your SEO and build trust for your brand. If you don't have one yet, I recommend Shopify's Product Reviews app, and it's guide.

I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

-

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7

Hi, Karllota,

I visited your website: https://www.laromy.com/pages/tracking-orders

112.jpg

You are using a third part Tracking Button which is provided by trackingmore.com.

What a surprise! I works in trackingmore.com. Thanks for choosing our products.

This tracking button is free. And it has two functions. Function one is what you're using now. The customer has to fill the tracking number into input box. Because we don't have any tracking info from you.

However, if you have enough HTML knowledge, I suggest you use Function two. It looks like below.

113.jpg

I guess that is what you need, right? Click here and see more tech support.

1123.jpg

And Tracking More also provides a Shopify app. The tracking page looks like this:

{93331AB6-704B-4501-9F8B-808B755E9F40}_20191113100841.jpg

The customer will receive an email once shipping status changed, based on your set-up.

3.jpg

5 shipping status:

In transit, 

Out of delivery,

Delivered Failed Attempt,

Exception (e.g, parcel is held on due to Customs Clearance.)

In this picture, the "in transit" email is able. Sellers can enable other emails by clicking the purple button.

Click shipping status in red square and customize email content.

2.jpg

{5910B01D-E206-4CA0-87D5-37F4294DE250}_20191113102901.jpg

You can click here and see more details of Tracking More Shopify App

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1
Hello,

Thanks you for your email. I would like to use the function number two,
however I don't have so knowledge of HTML. I understand how liquid function
and I know how to put the code into it, but I need to know exactly in what
pages and where.... can you help me with that?

Thanks in advance,
Carla
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

2020-04-22_1324.pngHow can I insert a custom url for branded tracking from UPS into my Shopify shipping notifications?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have beautiful Branded Tracking from UPS I want to use instead of my shopify shipping notification tracking. I have been given a custom url for the UPS branded tracking but don't know where to insert it or how to replace what I have from Shopify. Please help.

This is the custom Url from UPS. 

https://www.ups.com/bv/thelampgoods?mediaType=e&tracking_numbers=CUSTOMER_TRACKING_NUMBER

It looks like this2020-04-22_1324.png

0 Likes