How to Edit Code in my Payment Page

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0

I want to remove this certain code (as shown image below) and replace it with a Custom Button Code. But I'm unable to locate my Payment Checkout Page in Edit Code. Can anyone guide me on this? Thanks!

Payment.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Donna1983!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

There isn’t actually the ability to edit the code for the checkout unless you are on the Shopify plus plan. The primary reasons behind not being able to edit the checkout CSS are around security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance. If we had customized checkouts, any updates or improvements that we wanted to make would have to be made on a store-by-store basis. As you can imagine, this would take a very long time! It would also make the customer suffer if the checkout was then glitchy/not updated correctly.

We still allow you to customize your checkout style (as noted in this guide), such as changing the colours and adding a banner to the top of the checkout page. However, ultimately these systems are in place with the primary focus of making our platform more secure for you and your customers. We hope you understand that it’s with your best interest at heart.

Can I ask why that error message in the screenshot is appearing? Is it due to a gateway not being set up correctly?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Lulu, thanks for the brief and understandable explanation! Anyway base on the screenshot, I'm trying to setup my PayPal Account. I have linked my PayPal Business Account to Shopify (as shown image below). I've tried a test run purchase on my product but my issue right now is when I click on  'Complete Order' it will redirect me to PayPal website and it requires for me to login.

Let's say my customer has no PayPal Account and want to purchase a product, how do I go about this? I'm stuck and have no clue what's the next step to start accepting debit and credit payments without PayPal Account.

Paypal.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

You are very welcome, @Donna1983 glad I could help. Okay if you have Paypal linked, that is great. Anyone with Paypal can check out using it and yes it will redirect them to the PayPal page to complete payment. You can also add a third-party payment provider to accept credit and debit cards. This will give customers the option to add their card details at the checkout OR they can choose PayPal. 

To add a third-party provider, follow these steps: 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

how do we increase font size of payment providers available on our website and change order of payment providers for example we have afterpay as first payment option on the list how do we change it to as second option and first payment option as paystation thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I can not find my third party payment method in the list shopify provides, is there another way? or how can I add it through the code? 

Lina Ghanim

0 Likes