How to Enter a WHOLESALE order without a Shopify Plus Account

CassandraO
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi! 95% of my business is B2C, but I have 1 wholesale customer who places LARGE orders a couple of times a year. It is not worth upgrading the plan to plus (for the moment). The payment terms are 60days with this wholesale customer. 

• What is the best way to enter their orders? Draft and as pending until paid? 
  • I don't want to put it through the regular order as that affects my analytics. It throws everything off!  And it also affects the loan payout schedule.  Shopify would take the loan repayment on the day the sale is booked even though the payment is 60 days away. 

Anyone else have a good workaround - to manage the inventory, keep a good record, but not affect the analytics. 

Thanks!

Cass

0 Likes
DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
348 48 61

Hello @CassandraO !

As you already know, Shopify Plus is designed for wholesale orders only – something that the regular plan cannot handle. Even in your case although you have just one wholesale customer the most practical thing would be to upgrade to a Plus account.

However, if you do not want to upgrade just yet, you can put the order in draft and get paid using an alternative payment method that is not integrated with Shopify, i.e. bank transfer, PayPal, etc. This will not affect your analytics.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
0 Likes
CassandraO
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks - I appreciate the response. Even with a draft mode I still need to fulfil order which means it affects analytics regardless of whether the payment is taken outside the system. I tried it and had to cancel the order. 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
930 105 164

Hi @CassandraO,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to upgrade to Shopify Plus.

That's why you may want to try a few workarounds. For example, you could offer discounts to wholesale customers. Alternatively, you could look at our Wholesale apps. You could, also, use the Locksmith app to lock content on your site and offer keys to only specific customers.

I hope these suggestions help!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes