How to Make 'Featured Product' Title Text and Image Clickable - Brooklyn Theme

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

We recently launched our first Shopify store. On our home page (https://www.chalkprochalkboards.com/), we have a Featured Product section listed under the scrolling slideshow. The image and the title appear fine, we also added the Reviews App below the title. However, the issue is that the only way to 'click' on the product to navigate to the Product Details page is to click 'Full details ->' which is a teeny tiny text below the product title and image. 

We want our customers to be able to click the product image or the product title to take them to the Full Details product page for this Featured Product section. This is important because we think many customers are leaving our site before they see the product details because they cannot click the product title or image to see more about the product. In the demo Brooklyn template, it seems that all Featured Products are clickable - both image and title - on the homepage. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to update to make Featured Product titles and images clickable on the homepage?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Bumping this thread. We still need help! Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are struggling with this to

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

Hello Lily,

Please feel free to share the link to your store, and I might be able to assist you with this matter. 

Are you using the Brooklyn theme like OP ?

Regards,
Andrej from Criffel.io

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Would also like to know how to do this.  Anyone? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I'm not a dev by any means but after a lot of copy & paste i figured it out on BROOKLYN THEME 

in featured-product.liquid i added this code right below the first 2 meta (line 21 & 22 for me) tags and it made the whole section clickable 

<a href="{{ product.url }}?variant={{ current_variant.id }}">

See AttachedScreen Shot 2020-03-31 at 9.55.36 PM.jpg

not sure if this breaks anything so make sure you test but it seems to be working for me 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any update on this? I'm using the theme minimal and have the same issue, I'd like to make the image and title clickable, as the 'full details' is quite small and easy to notice. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I also need help with this is there any way to make the image and title clickable?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This change worked for me on the Minimal theme. Thanks.

0 Likes