How to Set Up/Assign Product Attributes on Shopify

Solved
carowilson
Excursionist
32 0 0

Hi I've tried doing this step but it doesn't work on my website, these options do not appear.

I wanted to add product attributes like dimensions and weight.

Is there a way to do this? I am using Context theme.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 1.08.13 PM.png

There's no "more actions" button with my optionsThere's no "more actions" button with my options

0 Likes
PlankCreative
Explorer
38 9 15

This is an accepted solution.

Gday!

What is the link of the tutorial you are following? You will need to install the app they are talking about and then the "More Actions" menu will appear

Let me know if that fixes it!

If comment was helpful, hit Like!
Solved your issue? Set Accept as Solution!
Need a quote? Contact glenn@plankcreative.com.au to get in touch!
0 Likes
James_TGP
Shopify Partner
33 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

I've helped a large number of stores migrate their data over to shopify. I've had many store owners who require product attributes to be stored and displayed on their product page... Because I found this to be a constant pain point for a lot of store owners I ended up building out an app resolve this issue. (See solution #2)

To answer your question (as of today), there is no native way to add custom product attribute fields into shopify.

HOWEVER, there is a rather easy solution, explained below:

1) download a metafield app. Metafield apps allow you to create metafields, or 'custom fields', to store customized fields such as dimensions, height, width, length, color, etc.

TIP: If you have A LOT of product attributes, find a metafield app that allows you EXPORT & IMPORT these fields. If you don't do this, you're pretty much screwed if you want to migrate/move/bulk edit your products after the fact. 

Price Range: These apps range from $0-$20 on average.

If you want to display the product specifications on your product page, see below.

2) Download this app to create the technical specification charts/ product attribute charts / product specifications chart (whatever you call them!):

This app is the only app that allows you to create multiple charts for all of your products/ product types. When you create the chart, you can automatically have it pull data from shopify fields (like type, sku), metafields (like dimensions, color), and even allows you to provide manual entry.

https://apps.shopify.com/specification-charts

applisting_banner2 copy.jpg

Good luck!

0 Likes