How to Show Automatic Discount on Debut Theme

StrawberryDany
1 0 0

Hi there! I have just launched my new website with the Debut Theme - https://strawberryskyvintage.co.uk/. I have an automated discount of 30% off selected items but the discount only appears when the item is added to the cart which is frustrating. The discount should show throughout the page, on all selected products. I have looked for solution, tried to add a few suggested changes to the code but nothing works. Customers should be able to see discount prior to adding it to the cart. How can I do this please? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
OliUK
Shopify Partner
203 2 38

Hi @StrawberryDany ,

How have you set up the automated discount?

I'm pretty sure with the Debut theme, if you go into Shopify dashboard => product dashboard => then list the 'compare at price' larger than the 'price', your theme will do what you describe.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers,

Oli

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 13.39.23.png

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
vshammyleela
Tourist
10 0 2

@OliUK if I have say 100 products. It’s hard to go and update the product pricing each time. 

for example I am running a site wide discount and I want the prices to be reflected on the page itself. Is there a smarter way to do that ? Any apps or any code change?

0 Likes
OliUK
Shopify Partner
203 2 38

HI @vshammyleela ,

The only stores I run are test stores for PreProduct, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

That said, the two options that come to mind are:

1. If it's new products. Just use the Shopify product import via CSV option, populating the compare-at-price and price accordingly.
  2. For existing products, you could create a discount coupon through Shopify, but that wouldn't display banners throughout your theme.

Hmm, not sure. It seems like it would be a common problem. There will be a solution out there.

Good luck,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

The smarter way to launch products. 

0 Likes