How to Sync WordPress Users to Shopify Customers?

aopaaustralia
Tourist
3 0 3

We have a WordPress website that handles our member registrations.  How do we sync the WordPress Users to Shopify?

VinceNg
Shopify Partner
120 4 16

@aopaaustralia wrote:

We have a WordPress website that handles our member registrations.  How do we sync the WordPress Users to Shopify?


To do it, here is my idea:

- Step 1: we should install a plugin on Wordpress to export your customers to a CSV file.

- Step 2: change it follow the format of Shopify

- Step 3: import into Shopify and send the active link to all the customers.

 

This is the simplest solution!

 

How many customers you're having now?

 

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
Skype: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes
aopaaustralia
Tourist
3 0 3
This wouldn’t work.

I need an active solution, in that each time a new membership is created in WordPress, it automatically creates the user in Shopify.

Our shopify store is only available to people who hold a membership to our association.

Thoughts?
Dallas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 175

Hi, there.

 

Dallas here from the Social Care Team here at Shopify.

 

Are you looking to have your customers buy your product through your Wordpress website? If that is the case, you will want to look into the Shopify Buy button. 

 

To set up the buy button, you will need to go to your Shopify Admin and select the '+' button by Sales Channels.

 

28-19-a0tbi-qrn6s

 

Then you will need to select Buy Button.

 

28-21-5hsxy-bmchh

 

This will give you the ability to sell your Shopify Items on your Wordpress store. If you want to use the buy button and use your Wordpress site as your website you can remove the online store sales channel. After you do that you will be bumped down to the $9/mo USD plan.

 

Once you create a buy button for your items, you will be able to add that to any website that you have, and then you can sell directly from your site. Easy Peasy!

 

If you have any more questions at all, or if I didn't answer that question for you, please let me know.

 

Best,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
aopaaustralia
Tourist
3 0 3

No that wont help us.

 

We use our WordPress system to control our membership database.  Only registered paid up financial members to our website will have access to purchase from our store.  We need a solution that ensures that all of our WordPress uers are synchronised across to the Shopify solution, so that we do not have to have our members registering twice. 

 

Any thoughts?

LaunchTip
Shopify Expert
95 1 7

Hello 

 

 

 

 

 

Shopify Expert, Apps & Support - https://www.launchtip.com
0 Likes
VinceNg
Shopify Partner
120 4 16

@aopaaustralia wrote:

No that wont help us.

 

We use our WordPress system to control our membership database.  Only registered paid up financial members to our website will have access to purchase from our store.  We need a solution that ensures that all of our WordPress uers are synchronised across to the Shopify solution, so that we do not have to have our members registering twice. 

 

Any thoughts?


A private app should help you in this case. But your customers still need to activate their account on your Shopify store by email.

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
Skype: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes
Archi
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @aopaaustralia 

I went through the comments and your requirement of syncing your WordPress membership database with Shopify. In my opinion, you should be able to do this using tools like Automate.io which help you connect Wordpress & Shopify.

 

https://automate.io/integration/shopify/wordpress

shopify wordpress popular integrations.png

 

 

After linking & authorizing your accounts, all you have to do is select the right trigger (new user in WordPress) and the action (new customer in Shopify). This workflow will automatically work and you don';t need to do manual work on it.

Rocky3D
New Member
3 0 0

@Archi wrote:

Hi @aopaaustralia 

I went through the comments and your requirement of syncing your WordPress membership database with Shopify. In my opinion, you should be able to do this using tools like Automate.io which help you connect Wordpress & Shopify.

 

https://automate.io/integration/shopify/wordpress

shopify wordpress popular integrations.png

 

 

After linking & authorizing your accounts, all you have to do is select the right trigger (new user in WordPress) and the action (new customer in Shopify). This workflow will automatically work and you don';t need to do manual work on it.


 

Great function,just what i need.

But still wonder.

Does a new user need to confirm email twice?

Both from wordpress and shopify

0 Likes
Rocky3D
New Member
3 0 0

Sorry.

that is not going to happen.

I have tested zapier.

And i dont feel user's information can Sync immediately.

Or not even fast.

i need to do it manually.

 

By the way.

I think there is also a logical problem.

Even users login in the site.

They still need to login in twice.

Because users need permission view wordpress's dashboard and shopify's dashborad.

I am working it with APP champ tomorrow.

hopefully can work it out.

my email:ec101@sunlugw.com

0 Likes