How to Transfer Domain after Free Trial ?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Dear Support Team,

A couple months ago, I got my free trial expired . I bought 2 domains when I signed the free trial, but now I would like to use the domains but I cannot log in the Admin Panel and I cannot contact the support.

I would appreciate if someone can help me to get my domains back, please ?

I alredy saw the steps to follow to do the transfer, but how can do it if I cannot log in to the admin panel ?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1467 89 320

Hey, @Dtobias

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting with our support. To reach out to us, you can reach us through our help centre to schedule a callback or strike up a chat, or you can reach out to us via Twitter & Facebook. To access our support via the help centre will require entering your question, then selecting "contact support" at the bottom of the page. It does not require that you login to the admin as there should be an option to access support without logging in. 

To dive into your question, domain purchases will require that you wait a 60 grace period after the purchase which is a restriction put in place by ICANN and not something we can bypass. Once the 60 days have passed your domain will be eligible to transfer away from Shopify to another domain manager. If your account does not have an outstanding invoice then we can add additional trial time to the account to allow you to transfer the domain. 

From the sounds of it, the 60 days have likely come and passed for your domain purchases so if this issue hasn't yet been resolved then feel free to respond to my email titled "Shopify Forum Support" to verify your store. From there, I can review the account to help you with the transfer process. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes