How to add SKU to Collection with Debut Theme

Highlighted
1 0 0

I've been successful adding SKU to my product pages, but how (what code file) do I add SKU to my collection pages?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 2 8

It sounds like you want to add variant sku id to appear with each product listed on a collection page. The info for products that appear on collection pages is usually managed in a file named something like "product-block.liquid" or "product-grid-item.liquid" but the specific file name is going to depend on which theme you are using.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 63 88

Hello, @mdn124.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

This is a great question. As suggested by @James-G, the code file depends on the theme you are using. May I confirm which theme you’re currently using for your store?

For example, the Brooklyn theme has two types of templates for collection pages. The collection page is called ‘collection-template.liquid’ located in the Sections folder. The collection list is called ‘list-collection-template.liquid’ and is also located in the Sections folder. 

If you’re using a Shopify theme and subscribed to a plan, our Theme Support team will be able to help you add the SKU to the collection or collection list pages. If you’re using a third-party theme and have limited knowledge with HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid, I recommend reaching out to the theme developers or working with Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with custom coding and can help you implement SKU to your collection pages.

Is this what you were looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

can you tell me where to add the code and what to write to add SKU on product page?

I add it only to the cart template, but can't find the location for product page----

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 63 88

Hey, @manuelscrima.

Thank you for joining this thread! Some themes will have the SKU as an option you can toggle on the Product pages, within the Storefront editor. However, if there isn’t an option to enable SKU, then you can customize the theme’s coding to include this. Typically, with themes made by Shopify, the product page template is called ‘product-template.liquid’ and it’s located in the Sections folder. It’s important to note that the location of the product page template may vary, especially with third-party themes. Also, if needed, you can find the code or variable for the SKU on our Liquid variable cheat sheet. The variable for SKU is {{ line_item.sku }} and the placement of this on your template will determine where the SKU will appear on your product page (eg. Above the price, under the price, etc.). 

If you’re using a Shopify theme and your store is subscribed to a plan, this is something our Theme Support team can help you with and I’d be happy to send a customization request for you. If you’re using a third-party theme, you’ll want to reach out to the theme developer so they can help point you in the right direction for their product template. That being said, which theme are you using?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you @Elias 

I was using Debut, and I'm in a Shopify paid plan, yes, but now we just bought Canopy theme,

and they have SKU addable.

Now my clients asked me to write a sentence on every product page, cause they can't ship to few regions in Italy and they want to be very clear for all the customers , so I still need to change that product page and find a way to write a sentence with a link to another page.

They wanted after the share section.

I used to be a software writer , but 20 years ago, I don't really understand well this code.

thx

manuel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

what about using the header bar to mention the areas they cant deliver too, saves messing about with code and will be on every page

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I will try to propose that... lets see.

but these clients are not easy to change their minds :)))

thank you,

M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 63 88

Hey, @manuelscrima.

Thank you for following up with the additional details. As @Deej46 suggested, you can use the announcement bar in the Storefront editor to let the customers know where the store doesn’t ship. You can also create a shipping policy and add the policy to the navigation menu, or add the shipping information to the product page template through the theme’s coding. If you have limited knowledge with HTML, CCS, Javascript, or Liquid, you can check with the theme developers or hire a Shopify Expert to help you with the custom coding. 

That being said, to ensure that customers aren't accidentally checking out in one of those regions, you can remove the provinces that your client doesn’t ship to in Italy. This can be done by editing Italy in the shipping zone. It looks something like this:

24-12-ltmhq-q6uvh

I hope this provides a couple of solutions for you to explore. If you have any further questions on this topic, feel free to reply back to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you!

hopefully I have already sorted everything days ago and the shop in online up and running.

best!