How to add a title to the collection menu ?

Solved
15 0 0

Hello everyone.

I created few collections and added products, but when i click on my menu "Shop" there is a dropdown menu that opens. 

I'm trying to add a title to the sublinks, however, through the navigation menu i can't find an option to add a title without adding a link to it. I'm trying to create this when clicking on the menu to open a drop down menu:

COLOR TYPES (title only, no link)

Blue(link pointing to blue products)

Red (link poi...) 

However right now i have

Color Types(this is a link)

Blue(link poi..)

Red(link poin..)

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
317 30 51

Hi, @manfizio!

This is May from Shopify!

That is a good question. Ideally, you will want to link a collection that contains all of the products in these sub-collections or sub-menus. Using your example, you can link 'Color Types'  to a collection of products with all colours, in case your customers would like to browse your site or if they are not looking for a specific colour. Having a navigation menu title without link is possible, however, I do recommend having a link where your visitors can browse all of your products without having to filter by colour. 

If you would still like to create a "title" for your navigation menu, you can add '#' under 'Link', and it should make your menu item non-clickable.

Let me know if that helps! If this is not what you are after, please let me know and we can continue on with our support 🙂

Best Regards,

May.

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
15 0 0

Perfect , that did it. One more question, any way to add a bullet in front of the submenu titles ? 

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
317 30 51

Hi, @manfizio!

Glad to hear that that works!

You should be able to add symbols and bullets on your menu. I found this third party website that has a library of symbols, and you copy these symbols by clicking on them. If you're looking for a bullet point, it is located under 'Language Symbols > Punctuation Marks'.

Then, you can copy that symbol and paste it to your menu item! 

Let me know if this helps 🙂

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes