Solved

How to add addititional fields in products without using any app

Akibhusen
Shopify Partner
715 121 147

Hi everyone,

Hope all are fine.

I want to add additional information to the product & fetch it's on the front page of the product. how can I do it without using any metafield app?

Accepted Solution (1)

Akibhusen
Shopify Partner
715 121 147

This is an accepted solution.

HI Everyone,

In new updated features of Shopify they have given default metafield options. You can use that easily.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
891 23 171

You can try to use an unused field of the product, e.g. sku, barcode, whatever fields you're not using. On the frontend, just print the field and use it yourself

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
Akibhusen
Shopify Partner
715 121 147

HI,

Thanks for your suggestion. But, I am using each field of product so this will not useful.

Any other solution?

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
891 23 171

1. create metafields for the product. Show them when the product is read by the customer

2. use script tag. When the product page is loaded, use script tag to load external resources. Use js to display the extra info

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
Akibhusen
Shopify Partner
715 121 147

creating meta field using any app?

JFYI, I don't want to use any app.

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
891 23 171
You can try to create metafields without app:
https://www.sunbowlsystems.com/blogs/how-to/metafields-in-shopify-without-using-an-app

I just random search "Shopify metafields without app"

Personally, my app uses api to manage metafields. So I didn't try the above
way

Akibhusen
Shopify Partner
715 121 147

This is an accepted solution.

HI Everyone,

In new updated features of Shopify they have given default metafield options. You can use that easily.