How to add prices to Shopify's packing slip?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I have tried to add the price variable to shopify's packing slip template and it is still not working. The default template only shows a thumbnail and the quantity. I'm surprised it doesn't show price - all the packing slips I've received from other retailers show the price. How in the world do we make the price show up? I've searched the forums and no one has been able to do it. And I don't want to use the Order Printer app which is what someone suggested.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 41 95

Hello!

Ren here from the Shopify Social Support team.

At this time, there is no way to edit a packing slip natively. The best solution is in fact the Order Printer app. Is there a reason you aren't interested in using it? The Order Printer app isn't third-party - it's designed as an add on by Shopify and works seamlessly with your admin and it's free to use, of course. You can review the app here.

Once installed, you can create a template with custom options, such as order price using Liquid Variables as outlined here.

The example code provided happens to already contain the price variable so it should be pretty straight-forward with the steps in that link!

Let me know if I can help clarify anything for you.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks for your response. It appears Shopify's Packing Slip doesn't work
well in Safari. And that's all we use. Thoughts?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 41 95

In this case the ideal solution would be to download and utilize Chrome as it's the optimal browser when using Shopify and related integrations. If you prefer Safari, you could use Chrome exclusively to print packaging slips as well. It doesn't have to be a full switch over to a new browser. Give it a shot! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 1

With the latest update, is it now possible to ad prices and order total to the new packing slip template?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 41 95

Hello @MSOBallard

Thanks for your question. 

At this time, the features associated with editing the packing slip template remain the same.

That being said, if you're looking for an alternative that doesn't include downloading an app like Order Printer you can consider adding the pricing details into an order note and including the order note HTML variable in the template. That way you'll be able to print a packing slip that includes price and total cost. 

Here's how to edit packing slip variables.

The order notes section can be found by going into the individual order and clicking edit in the top-right of the screen. Here's an example of the addition of pricing details: 

And here is how that would look on the packing slip: 

Hopefully this workaround will do the trick for you! Let me know your thoughts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 1

@Ren7 thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm just looking for a hybrid of order printer (highly functional with all pricing laid out)+ the standard packing slip with nice imagery and format.

Seems like a quick win for Shopify to combine the two?!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

It actually kind of irritates me that there seem to be some easy add-ons that Shopify could do to make some of the functionality of the free templates work better instead of installing an app to do the job - especially when it's Shopify who makes the app to make up for the lack of their ability to update the overall use of Shopify. Having a million apps installed gets irritating real quick. Especially when trying to teach a client how to use their new site and where to find the information that they need. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 41 95

@TheAdminBoss

I totally hear where you are coming from and your feedback is absolutely appreciated.

As with all things, Shopify is continually working to improve and build on the platform and feedback like yours is especially important when knowing what to change and what to make better. 

We do have teams set up to receive and process this type of information and I will be taking your feedback to the appropriate team and noting the issues pointed out here in the thread. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and hopefully down the line we can see improvements in this area.

0 Likes