How to add product options with different cost as add ons

Highlighted
2 0 1

@TyW could you please tag the relevant people in this matter. The original Shopify contributor has retired. Thank you!

I agree with all of the past poster for the past, almost, five years of post. This should be a standard feature.

We have a bakery and we sell Keto products and we need the ability for our customers to be able to choose ingredients.

Just how many Variants do you think I would have to make to come up with every single possible Pizza that a customer might want?

Just say we have 10 possible toppings. A customer can add none or all and any combination in between.

Simple solution is to have check boxes that allow multiple selection and increase the price for each selection.

It is insane to think that there is any rational programmer that would feel that this would not be a standard option for an E-commerce cart.

What is the reasoning from Shopify for not having this option? We deserve to know. Especially since it has been a feature request for so long.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 6

Did you get a reply on this @Twitchy - I am looking for a way to do this too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Basically it comes down to Shopify does not add capabilities to their app if there exist a paid option. I suspect they are getting a percentage of all add-ons so it doesn't give them any incentive to give something away for free.

So, you will have to pay for this option, if you want it.

I am using "Upsell Product Add-ons" until I can migrate my site over to Magenta. It's not perfect but it works.

I will be moving my store to Magenta because of this. This feature is built into Magenta.

Good luck!
0 Likes